Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reporting system?
Reporting system?
I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reporting system?
Number one! Wear it when you are awake to balance out any issues with getting the required number of hours sleeping. Put it on early and read a book.

You have to want to get better. We know you want to get better. You are not cheating, you are adapting. You do not need a big brother.

They are not santa claus - they do not know when you are sleeping.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need software such as SleepyHead to view the contents of your data card. You can download it from here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/ There is also an excellent Sleepyhead users guide and discussion in this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

Using the software allows you to check compliance, but also (and more importantly) allows you to fine tune your therapy and identify problems which might prevent you from getting optimum value from your machine.

If you just want to check compliance, there is a menu item on your machine itself which can give you that information (page 10 of the user manual).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DJ4wd, Having been a cross country trucker for a period of my life I can appreciate the problems that CPAP therapy would present to a driver. You haven't said whether you are a long haul driver who sleeps in the sleeper berth of the cab or whether you are fortunate enough to sleep at home every night.

Long haul drivers have little opportunity to read or watch TV and if they smoke (which many do), little time for wearing the mask other than when in the sleeper berth. Even so, 70% compliance shouldn't be too hard to pull off. According to the D.O.T., if you can't make that, you're a hazard and shouldn't be driving a rig. Whether you and I agree with that or not doesn't matter. It's there and must be complied with.

I hope you're in compliance but if you aren't you had better have a good excuse or else you may be unemployed for the next 90 days. You can't cheat on these data cards, they are absolute tattle tales and will spill the beans on you. Get the software and check your card data to see where you stand. That is not to say it'll make any difference, since it is what it is and you're stuck with it. It may put you at ease if it shows you to be in compliance. The important thing it will do is point out whether you need to adjust your therapy so that you are getting enough rest to be a safe driver.

Good luck...keep the greasy side down and let us know how it works out for you. Your therapy pressure may need some adjustment so the software will help to point out any need and there are plenty of folks here to assist you with that if need be.

Best regards,
Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
can't you look in the menu and see the compliance info on the screen of your machine? Just a suggestion
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 06:22 PM)DJ4wd Wrote: I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.

DJ4wd,
Have you been using your machine at least 4 hours a night? That is the minimum
requirement for compliance. They also look for 30 days of consecutive use anytime within a 90 day period. Your insurance/requirement may be different.
Now with that said, are you using your CPAP? It does take some time to adjust, but you can do this. When I first started, I brought my machine out to the living room, put my mask on and just read for a while. After about an hour of reading, I almost forgot I was wearing that mask...I said almost. :grin:
Anyway, good luck.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 06:22 PM)DJ4wd Wrote: I have to bring in my Card from the back of my machine to the DR in 3 months, so he can view it. I tried viewing it on my desktop with no luck , and if I don't show 70% usage he can deny me a DOT medical card.

Bring in your machine when you go visit the doc. Even if the data on the card is corrupted, the compliance data is in the machine itself, and can be read through the display.

Take the water tank out before you move the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that's a ton of great responses, and information. And here I try to answer. I haven't been to the Sleep Dr. in 6 yrs or so, and my insurance company wont pay for the study as long as its DOT, so maybe I can wait for a few weeks, and go to my regular Dr about it.
I go to be at 7pm, get up at 130am, and work 12-14hr days 5 days at a time. I am home every night, so that's a plus. (oil hauler)

I use the machine every night, and once a few nights ago I slept almost all night, and felt better the next day. Your right I don't need a big brother, but I also recognize the need to for this in my life.
Does this rag smell like chloroform?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,277 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 295 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.