Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Request a review of my latest OSCAR graphs
Request a review of my latest OSCAR graphs
I have a Zoom meeting with a doctor at Cleveland Clinic in a week or so and would appreciate a review of my latest OSCAR graphs taken from my Philips DreamStation 2.  I know that I'm somewhat of a restless sleeper, tossing and turning through the night, and wondered how that affects the markers that show up on the Event Flags graph.  Also, I've noticed that my DreamStation does not appear to use much water from the humidifier reservoir even though the setting is at "3".  Could the CPAP be faulty or could something else be going on that causes the CPAP not to require as much of a contribution from the humidifier reservoir?

I have attached screenshots from two different dates and I hope that both are available for review.

Thanks for helping a newbie,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request a review of my latest OSCAR graphs
It will help to also see the Daily Sidebar (F8) to enable settings and respiratory statistics. Please provide a zoomed image that includes a 3-minute segment of the flow rate so we can see the flow rate wave-form. This will help us to better understand whether flow variations relate to flow limitation or are more related to central variations in breathing. Finally, the graphs that help are events, flow rate, pressure and leaks, but resize the graphs so we can actually see the leak rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick reply and I hope the attached files are what you need.  Since I am limited to three (3) attachments per post I will see if I can add the last attachment in another reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is the snapshot-segment of the flow rate.

Post Reply Post Reply
The left sidebar please, so we can see your statistics.
The 5-minute segment starts with wake breathing and doesn't settle down until halfway through the chart segment and then it is still recovering from the erratic breathing at the start of that segment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I divided the left sidebar into two separate screen shots:  KC8RXQ Daily Details...  and KC8RXQ Device Settings...

Would you prefer instead that I provide a screenshot of the "Statistics" tab with the previous night's data?

I've also provided a different flow rate snapshot for the time frame while actually sleeping.

Thanks for your patience as this is a totally new environment I'm working in.

Post Reply Post Reply
KC8RXQ,

Were you put on an APAP or (another method to determine, not sure what) to determine what amount of pressure is needed for your airway to stay open? I am wondering if the pressure is not high enough for you.

(Different positions may require different pressures.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2022, 09:33 PM)KeepSmiling Wrote: KC8RXQ,

Were you put on an APAP or (another method to determine, not sure what) to determine what amount of pressure is needed for your airway to stay open?  I am wondering if the pressure is not high enough for you.

(Different positions may require different pressures.)

I should have used the word titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
KC8RXQ,

The screenshot should look more like this:

Everything in one shot, and zoomed in to about 3 minutes.  Note the left sidebar is visible and the other graphs are also included.

Use the built in screenshot function of OSCAR.  For Windows F12, for Mac fn+F12, or from the OSCAR menu bar View > Take Screenshot.

And your graphs in the order that Sleeprider suggested in this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid453897
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the guidance I was looking for.  I'll get the updated files posted later this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 215 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 135 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 199 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 39 2,137 04-06-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 179 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 127 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 217 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.