Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Request for definition
Request for definition
The Daily Sidebar has a grey line with the caption Large Leak followed by a percentage number. I am seeking a precise definition of what this is.
  • Does it mean I was in Large Leak territory for x% of the entire night? Example, if I was on the machine for 8 hours (480 minutes) and was 10%LL, then that would mean that I was in LL for 48 minutes on that particular night.
  • Alternatively, does it mean that when I had a leak, it was a Large Leak x% of the time? To continue the example, if I was in leak status 10% of the night (48 minutes in this example), and in LL 10% of the leak time, then that would mean I was in LL for 4.8 minutes.

The difference is large and I want to understand the definition of this particular parameter. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request for definition
(04-02-2021, 11:59 AM)clownbell Wrote: The Daily Sidebar has a grey line with the caption Large Leak followed by a percentage number. I am seeking a precise definition of what this is.
  • Does it mean I was in Large Leak territory for x% of the entire night? Example, if I was on the machine for 8 hours (480 minutes) and was 10%LL, then that would mean that I was in LL for 48 minutes on that particular night.

Yes, that is what it means. You can confirm this yourself easily. Go to the Events tab and add up all the seconds reported for large leak events. Then divide by the total time you were on the machine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply.  Thanks

May I move on to another question. I would like to update my profile but cannot figure out how to do it. Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
Directions on how to get into and update your User Profile, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid218820

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I promise not to keep bugging you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2021, 05:39 PM)clownbell Wrote: Thank you. I promise not to keep bugging you.

No worries.  We're here to help.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 24 1,194 26 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,120 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy Evena 14 1,084 01-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mike's Data - Request Assistance NuclearDataDump 6 436 12-27-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.