Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Request for help in parsing SleepyHead data
Request for help in parsing SleepyHead data
I am a 37 years old male.I was diagnosed with mild-moderate supine sleep apnea about 1 year ago. I have been on CPAP for around same time with a pressure of 8 or 9 cm.

I have started using sleepyhead software to track my progress, and I love the software, many kudos to folks who created it.
It is bit tricky to to understand the data shown by SleepyHead though.

I have captured few screenshots of SleepyHead graph and using the very helpful tutorial provided on the forum here, uploaded images to imgur.

It doesn't allow me to post images yet ( as I am a new member) , once I complete 4 posts, I will post the data here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request for help in parsing SleepyHead data
You should be able to post shortly as you have progressed to member level. In the meantime, just leave a space in the link from imgur.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: JdXBPQS.png]

[Image: HZNOZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice chart!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are the graphs too good?

I still feel tired and sluggish in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be looking at some other reason for being tired if you've been on CPAP for a year with these kind of results.

You might want to talk to your family doctor about it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I second Walla Walla.

Your chart is impressive and with a years therapy you really should not need to nap in your car. I presume your need for a car nap is not after driving for longer than 16 hours?

Solid sleep for > 7 hours with only 1 central apnea is pretty darn good. There must be another reason why you are still tired and sluggish and you should see you doctor.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla and Apnea Infant.

Apnea Infant, yes, the nap in the car is a regular day for me with about 20 mins of driving to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, Morpheus1958

I drove for 4-5 hours on the motorway after 3.5 months therapy, 2 months of which was a wash out literally and metaphorically. So effectively with about 1.5 months of good nights, I managed to drive some distance. Not bragging, just putting into context for me to say that you really should not need to nap after 20 minutes drive with numbers as good as you have after a year of therapy.

Its a trip to the doctor as soon as possible.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I mainly started wearing CPAP after breaking my 2 root canals.
Once I got dental implants placed, my clenching worsened, to the point that I would wake up by the pain of pushing my front teeth out.

My dentist told me I am clenching too heavily at night as side effect of sleep apnea.
So I started using CPAP, mostly to prevent clenching. Using CPAP did reduce my clenching but my the quality of my sleep suffered a bit.

If I don't use CPAP now or if I have a mask leakage, I start clenching like crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 24 1,196 1 hour ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy Evena 14 1,084 01-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mike's Data - Request Assistance NuclearDataDump 6 436 12-27-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.