Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Request for help renting cpap machine - UK
Request for help renting cpap machine - UK
Hello, 

I would like to thank everyone for all the time they have taken contributing to this wonderful forum. 

I won't post a long personal history but only to say that I was diagnosed with sleep apnea with an AHI of 16 after a sleep study. There was no suggestion of narcolepsy, movement disorders or parasominas. 

The diagnosis was in July and the follow up appointment is in December where I will be offered a CPAP. 

I am 37 years old. Male. Not overweight. Don't smoke. 

In the meantime I would like to rent a machine privately and I would really appreciate some help picking one out from a company based in the UK that can be recommended. In exchange for this help I am happy to make a financial contribution to this forum or a charity of your choosing. I have read the thread about choosing a machine and it would be wonderful if I someone could hold my hand just to make sure I am getting the right one. 

Hoping I can discuss this privately with someone. 
Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request for help renting cpap machine - UK
(08-17-2022, 05:28 AM)Logitech77 Wrote: .....In the meantime I would like to rent a machine privately and I would really appreciate some help picking one out from a company based in the UK that can be recommended. In exchange for this help I am happy to make a financial contribution to this forum or a charity of your choosing. I have read the thread about choosing a machine and it would be wonderful if I someone could hold my hand just to make sure I am getting the right one. 

Hoping I can discuss this privately with someone. 

Hi Logitech77,
It is a shame that you would have to wait until December to receive your machine, but in the meantime, try googling "where to rent a Cpap machine in the UK"  or something  like that.  

We also have a Supplier list at the top of page where you can check to see if any offer rentals and what the shipping arrangements would be.

Do you know what brand machine you will be offered in December?  Find out what your choices are.  Our recommendation is the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, but there are others to consider.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

Thank you for the offer of a donation, but we do not accept donations in lieu of offering advice, nor do we offer private consultations.  This is a forum where we openly discuss and offer advice freely in the forums where everyone can benefit.  

Hopefully, others from the UK can direct you on where to rent Cpaps in your area.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,402 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 183 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 154 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,432 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 187 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.