Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting Feedback
Requesting Feedback
Hi - I have been having some problem sleeping lately. I would like to receive seven hours of continuous sleep in a night. Please review the information below and let me know your thoughts. Last night, I turned off my CPAP because I was having problems breathing. I was thinking about moving my max back to 11 from 8. I had 8 as the max setting now for 280 days. I seem to wake up a lot a 2:30 AM or 3:00 AM pretty consistently over the last couple of months. Some of its related to stress due to a new job but I feel like some of it might be related to my CPAP. I purchased the new P30I and expect to receive it on Thursday or Friday. I was using the Swift FX for the last couple of months. I switched to the F20 two days ago. 

Mode
APAP
Pressure Min
6.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max
8.00 cmH2O
EPR
Full Time
EPR Level
2cmH2O
Ramp
Off

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting Feedback
One more attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
What I see in your results is that obstructive apnea occur at your minimum pressure of 6.0 and cause an immediate rise of 2-cm pressure. Event rate is low and results are very good. You apparently do not have flow limitations or snores ahead of the OA events, so the machine does not anticipate the event with higher pressure. I think you should increase your minimum and maximum pressure by 1.0 and see if you can eliminate the few OA that occur. This should also stabilize your pressure and be less disruptive to your sleep. I could actually see you moving to a fixed pressure of 7 or 8 with EPR 2 and having very good results with fewer disruptions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2019, 01:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What I see in your results is that obstructive apnea occur at your minimum pressure of 6.0 and cause an immediate rise of 2-cm pressure. Event rate is low and results are very good.  You apparently do not have flow limitations or snores ahead of the OA events, so the machine does not anticipate the event with higher pressure. I think you should increase your minimum and maximum pressure by 1.0 and see if you can eliminate the few OA that occur.  This should also stabilize your pressure and be less disruptive to your sleep.  I could actually see you moving to a fixed pressure of 7 or 8 with EPR 2 and having very good results with fewer disruptions.

I adjusted my machine to 7/10 and slept really good last night. I appreciate the feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply
Your graphs look good, leave as is for a few nights. You may want to turn off Ramp and get straight into your treatment
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with turning off ramp as there was a strong pressure increase and hypopnea just as ramp ended. Other than that, OA events are gone now and these results are amazing. Well done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feedback. I thought ramp was turned off. I fixed it a few minutes ago. Things have been working smoothly for me over the last few days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 350 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad Requesting Guidance regarding min pressure quiet 11 1,108 12-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 770 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.