Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting Firefox workaround for secure SleepyHead site
Requesting Firefox workaround for secure SleepyHead site
As of 6/10/2016, my Firefox won't access the OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE . site because it keeps coming up with an expired site certificate. I've tried deleting all references to it in the History section, deleting any site certificates, and tried modifying parameters in the about:config area. No matter what I do, it keeps coming up with this message:
Quote: "This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."
I can access the site using Chrome and the standard "http" prefix.

Does anybody know what the workaround is in Firefox?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting Firefox workaround for secure SleepyHead site
Somewhere there is a place to set an exception to your network security level on a per site basis. Easier option is install Chrome and just use it when Firefox doesn't work.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a FF extension called "Skip Cert Err"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no option to add an exception in this case. There is an "Advanced" button that displays the following information:
Quote:http://www.jedimark.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Friday, June 10, 2016 7:55 AM. The current time is Friday, June 10, 2016 9:46 AM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Update: Thanks Mongo but "No Joy" using the add-on. I still get the block message. I have even tried both "sleepyhead/jedimark.net:80" and "jedimark.net:80" with the same error message.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.. I just tried it; and I get the same message as you. (And, I am using FF 47.0)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2016, 09:58 AM)justMongo Wrote: Hmm.. I just tried it; and I get the same message as you. (And, I am using FF 47.0)

Me too!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
OK! I finally got it working. Here's what I had to do. . . It's not totally painless if you use a lot of Add-ons and a custom layout. Help->Troubleshooting Information->Refresh Firefox

Problem solved.

I want to thank everybody for the help and confirmation of my problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing the same issue with Chrome. I'll see if I can find a workaround.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting the same error on Chrome but none of the suggested fixes on the Chrome help page are working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Temporary solution, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...workaround

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation ResScan 6.0 - removed from download site [now available - please read post #31] Bernard Bison 33 24,351 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR: installation issue with Ubuntu, workaround kencamargo 0 651 12-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: kencamargo
  OSCAR workaround for Mac OS Dark Mode C0mbe 3 917 07-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Last Post: C0mbe
  Accessing Clinician Data on ResMed's MyAir site Mischul 8 5,773 09-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Hope2sleep
  Add Linux download to the Sleep Files site hfinger 11 3,840 01-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.