Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting help w/ CPAP adjustments
RE: Requesting help w/ CPAP adjustments
Appreciate this connection with my past OSCAR data. Ill use this image and share with my provider to see if we can move forward with another sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give the 4.0 fixed pressure a try. How you feel and your results count. I have never had to resort to suggesting someone try such a low fixed pressure, and it's obviously a kludge. CPAP is used in obstructive apnea to maintain a patent airway. A pressure of 4.0 will not do so, but it may avoid triggering as much central apnea. We see your report, is incomplete because it does not document the results of titration at pressures of 5.0 and 6.0 and the types of apnea actually observed. Your problem is clearly not obstructive. You have no flow limitation and no obstructive apnea.

When we see CA like yours, we often recommend low, fixed pressure without EPR or Flex. The RT recommendation is consistent with that approach, but I can't imagine how you will feel at such low pressure. I think it is fair to try their recommendation and base your discussion with the doctor on that trial. It shows you're open minded and willing to try things that clearly don't make much sense. It is fair for you to demand proper, professional treatment, and if this doctor won't deliver that then find one that knows what he is doing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to say thanks everyone for the help. I have BiPAP/ASV titration study planned later this month. Fingers crossed.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will certainly do well with ASV and we know it has been a life-changing therapy for people like yourself with high central apnea rates. I'm glad the medical system finally caught up and is doing the right thing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the progression in getting closer to an ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 67 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,452 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 655 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,014 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 655 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 199 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Requesting Guidance regarding min pressure quiet 11 1,137 12-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.