Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Require Help to Reduce AHI
RE: Require Help to Reduce AHI
The following graphs are the results of increasing pressure to 7 and keeping flex at 2 as advised. Still not the the results I had expected. Hoped the increased pressure would have produced a reduction in AHI index before looking at a cervical collar as advised, any recommendations on type of collar to purchase. 

I also changed my Dreamware pillow mask from medium to small and feels a better fit.

I have the heated tube and humidification set at zero and and do not have issues with dry throat in the morning. Would these settings have any bearing on my relatively high AHI index.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly which collar you should use will depend on what is most comfortable for you. Many people do fine with a soft cervical collar; these are readily available in large drug stores.

Another option that some people like is the Releaf, which offers good support along the entire jawbone.

Finally, the Dr. Dakota collar just has a strap in the back, so it’s kind of a half collar. It’s the one that worked best for me, because I could adjust it so that it touched only my chin. If you ever get one and have trouble fastening the strap, let me know. I figured out a little alteration to help with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Attached are my last three night results using a new cervical collar as recommended. Could only purchase a Wagner soft collar as the Dakota brand is not available in Australia. Did find wearing the collar a little hot on occassion, don't know how I will cope in summer!!!!
 Would appreciate any advice in how to reduce AHI further.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  How to reduce flow limitations yankees123 5 339 02-27-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 907 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to reduce drooling? ATeam91 6 471 01-24-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 624 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 961 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.