Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Res Med S9 Autoset Problems
Res Med S9 Autoset Problems
I am having a difficult time with my ResMed S9 Autoset. I use a H5i Humidifier that attaches to it and the Philips Wisp Nasal Mask. When I start them machine everything works fine until I go to the bathroom. At approximately 3:00 a.m. last night I got up and went to the bathroom. The machine automatically shut off. When I put the mask back on the machine started again. An hour later I woke up with a dry mouth. I was fine until I went to the bathroom. Is there something on the machine I should be doing to put the humidifier back on? What am I doing wrong? I just had the machine replaced because the humidifier was not working correctly. I purchased the climate line hose because I was tired of getting the rainout. I woke up this morning with rainout. I have my temp set at 76 degrees. I love using the machine because I am actually getting some sleep after years of no sleep, however this is frustrating? I don't know what to do to rectify the situation. Thank you for any suggestions. I would love a solid night sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 Autoset Problems
Hi

Do you breath through your mouth? If so, you may try a chin strap.

If not or you aren't sure, you can turn the auto start off and see if that helps. I don't know if the auto start has any affect on the humidifier or not.

NOTE: I had turned my humidifier down to 74 and it was using a lot of water and empty when I woke up for the day. I changed it back to 80 and the same thing. Not sure if this is how it works and will look around later to see if there is any info on this.

Stand by for more responses with more info for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where was the moisture? In the climateline hose or in the mask hose? The climateline hose will keep the moisture from pooling in that hose but will do very little from it forming in the mask and the mask's hose.

Dry mouth could be from breathing with your mouth open which could also contribute to the moisture in the mask and mask's hose.

If you know the time that you got up and the time you woke up "an hour later with dry mouth", look at the data. If you had a huge leak event at that time, that's what happened.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2013, 02:55 PM)penbate Wrote: I am having a difficult time with my ResMed S9 Autoset. I use a H5i Humidifier that attaches to it and the Philips Wisp Nasal Mask. When I start them machine everything works fine until I go to the bathroom. At approximately 3:00 a.m. last night I got up and went to the bathroom. The machine automatically shut off. When I put the mask back on the machine started again. An hour later I woke up with a dry mouth. I was fine until I went to the bathroom. Is there something on the machine I should be doing to put the humidifier back on? What am I doing wrong? I just had the machine replaced because the humidifier was not working correctly. I purchased the climate line hose because I was tired of getting the rainout. I woke up this morning with rainout. I have my temp set at 76 degrees. I love using the machine because I am actually getting some sleep after years of no sleep, however this is frustrating? I don't know what to do to rectify the situation. Thank you for any suggestions. I would love a solid night sleep.

Did you hear the hose click when you put it on your machine? Last night I slept with the heat in the hose off because I didn't turn it until it clicked in the back of the machine. I remove the hose and hang it to dry daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also tell by looking at the icon. It changes from a simple water droplet to one that is both water drop and temp gauge.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2013, 02:55 PM)penbate Wrote: I am having a difficult time with my ResMed S9 Autoset. I use a H5i Humidifier that attaches to it and the Philips Wisp Nasal Mask. When I start them machine everything works fine until I go to the bathroom. At approximately 3:00 a.m. last night I got up and went to the bathroom. The machine automatically shut off. When I put the mask back on the machine started again. An hour later I woke up with a dry mouth. I was fine until I went to the bathroom. Is there something on the machine I should be doing to put the humidifier back on? What am I doing wrong? I just had the machine replaced because the humidifier was not working correctly. I purchased the climate line hose because I was tired of getting the rainout. I woke up this morning with rainout. I have my temp set at 76 degrees. I love using the machine because I am actually getting some sleep after years of no sleep, however this is frustrating? I don't know what to do to rectify the situation. Thank you for any suggestions. I would love a solid night sleep.

I use a chin strap and was wearing it last night. I heard the hose click. Think that answers the questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi penbate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use the auto-start or auto-off features. I have my machine set so that I have to push the button to start it when I go to bed and when I get up to go the restroom, I push it to turn it off.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2013, 04:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can also tell by looking at the icon. It changes from a simple water droplet to one that is both water drop and temp gauge.

Good point! I just love this machine but it lacks one feature.

It needs a lullaby setting.Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome penbate, I do the same as Trish and never seem to have a problem maybe try it for a night or two and see how you go, do you know how to change the settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having more or less the same problems with a dry mouth as described here. I addressed this this earlier elsewhere on this forum.

Point being is that I wake up two to three times each night with an extemely dried out mouth. I replaced my H5i, but that made no difference.

What I did noticed is that the green power led (on-off switch) on the S9 is off during the night. Does anyone know if this is how it's supposed to be?

Gerard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,001 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 167 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,562 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 995 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.