Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Res Med S9 Autoset Problems
RE: Res Med S9 Autoset Problems
The light is always green on my CPAP unless I turn it off which I rarely ever turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 has the little green LED on the on/off switch on all the time that the unit is plugged in....even when the other lights and display are off.

Some common issues for dry mouth include: mouth breathing, heat / moisture settings that don't provide enough moisture in the air, a dry environment, running out of water...the list can be pretty long, just like the list for too much moisture / rainouts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2014, 09:27 AM)jgolim Wrote: What I did noticed is that the green power led (on-off switch) on the S9 is off during the night. Does anyone know if this is how it's supposed to be?

Gerard

I used mine for the first time last night and it freaked me out when the light when off. I thought I must be doing something wrong but still air was coming out. I looked all through the manual and finally decided to just go to sleep.

On mine, the time green led turns blue when you push start and the blue light stays on ONLY when the screen is active. When the screen does black, all lights go off on the machine. If I push my set up menu button then the screen comes back on and so does the blue led on the start/stop button. When the machine is off then the green light led is shining bright...go figure!
Photography: Macro | Super Macro | Misc photos | Facebook photos (mostly studio work here)

Since I have been sick and can't do much photography anymore Sad my creative outlet is now crochet (hats, cowls, stuffed animals). I will have my stuff posted here soon!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 11:51 AM)nmbugs Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 09:27 AM)jgolim Wrote: What I did noticed is that the green power led (on-off switch) on the S9 is off during the night. Does anyone know if this is how it's supposed to be?

Gerard

I used mine for the first time last night and it freaked me out when the light when off. I thought I must be doing something wrong but still air was coming out. I looked all through the manual and finally decided to just go to sleep.

On mine, the time green led turns blue when you push start and the blue light stays on ONLY when the screen is active. When the screen does black, all lights go off on the machine. If I push my set up menu button then the screen comes back on and so does the blue led on the start/stop button. When the machine is off then the green light led is shining bright...go figure!
what does your power button look like? What color is it. The LED is a different place. I just looked at mine and the power button is green.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 12:29 PM)me50 Wrote: what does your power button look like? What color is it. The LED is a different place. I just looked at mine and the power button is green.

ResMed Off

ResMed On

The screen stays on for maybe 2 minutes then shuts off then led goes off so it is neither blue or green.

Photography: Macro | Super Macro | Misc photos | Facebook photos (mostly studio work here)

Since I have been sick and can't do much photography anymore Sad my creative outlet is now crochet (hats, cowls, stuffed animals). I will have my stuff posted here soon!!
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as dry mouth is concerned, I use a ResMed H4i heated humidifier. I think that the efficiency of humidification reduces as the water level lowers, especially when the water level gets very low. I have noticed that, if I wake up at 2:00-3:00AM my mouth is not particularly dry but when I wake up at 5:00-7:30AM it is at least fairly dry That is all at the same setting. I seem to walk a tight line between rainout and dry mouth. The whole humidification story seems to get rather complicated because it depends on (at least) humidification level. system flow rate (including leakage), ambient humidity and temperature. Of course if your humidifier runs out of water, the air you breathe gets really dry since there is no moisture added and the air temperature increases.

The dry mouth problem becomes even more complicated because it is dependent on humidity and also the persons physiology and medications and I would suspect, even to some extent, diet.

Anyway keep working the problem, you should be able to gain some improvement.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 12:56 PM)nmbugs Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 12:29 PM)me50 Wrote: what does your power button look like? What color is it. The LED is a different place. I just looked at mine and the power button is green.

ResMed Off

ResMed On

The screen stays on for maybe 2 minutes then shuts off then led goes off so it is neither blue or green.

yes, I understand about your screen but I was asking about your power/on off button. If you still have color on your on/off button, it is okay. my screen is black after a while as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 01:29 PM)me50 Wrote: yes, I understand about your screen but I was asking about your power/on off button. If you still have color on your on/off button, it is okay. my screen is black after a while as well.

No, no light/color on the on/off button after the screen turns off. It looks as if the machine just up and died but of course it hasn't. That's what freaked me out as I expected to see the led stay on.

I am sure this led going out freaks a lot of people out the first time. Especially since the heater when first turns on has a red light that shuts off at the same time. At first I thought maybe it was not working/heating (thinking the glow wasn't a light but the heater element) and thought it was going into system shutdown or something.

Bad design IMHO since it makes it seem like your machine just died or is in the process of dying. Maybe people complained about the led light keeping them awake or something??? I wonder if I should video it Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
nmbugs, the green is basically in stand by mode and blue is when its on, all the lights do go off after a couple of minutes so people aren't woken by lights. It's one of the feautres I really like and was the first thing I asked, that and I wanted the quietest machine possible as I'm sensentive to light and sound. I think yours sounds like it is working fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2014, 02:08 PM)nmbugs Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 01:29 PM)me50 Wrote: yes, I understand about your screen but I was asking about your power/on off button. If you still have color on your on/off button, it is okay. my screen is black after a while as well.

No, no light/color on the on/off button after the screen turns off. It looks as if the machine just up and died but of course it hasn't. That's what freaked me out as I expected to see the led stay on.

I am sure this led going out freaks a lot of people out the first time. Especially since the heater when first turns on has a red light that shuts off at the same time. At first I thought maybe it was not working/heating (thinking the glow wasn't a light but the heater element) and thought it was going into system shutdown or something.

Bad design IMHO since it makes it seem like your machine just died or is in the process of dying. Maybe people complained about the led light keeping them awake or something??? I wonder if I should video it Thinking-about

Just a thought: Is it possible to green Standy Indicator light is only present if you have SmartStart (the auto on/off feature) active?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,843 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,568 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 999 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.