Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Res med Swift fx problems
Res med Swift fx problems
The I used to wear these nasal pillows and used to love them. Not sure why now but I switched to a nasal mask. Now I’m trying to switch back. 

I love it for the first hour. Then I wake up and it’s like the back of my sinuses are cold and uncomfortable. I tried turning my hose temp up. Helped a tiny bit. My humidity is at 2. Should I set it higher? I keep waking up again and again and eventually just take it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res med Swift fx problems
(12-06-2018, 06:00 PM)Artapnea Wrote: The I used to wear these nasal pillows and used to love them. Not sure why now but I switched to a nasal mask. Now I’m trying to switch back. 

I love it for the first hour. Then I wake up and it’s like the back of my sinuses are cold and uncomfortable. I tried turning my hose temp up. Helped a tiny bit. My humidity is at 2. Should I set it higher? I keep waking up again and again and eventually just take it off.

1. Did you remember to change the mask settings from NASAL to PILLOWS?
2. I found that I had a period of acclimatization when I switched between nasal mask back to pillows, but not when I went from pillows to a nasal mask.
3. I upped my humidity control 2-points for pillows.
4. I reset my climate control to auto -- and let the system work for the pillows. For the nasal mask, I control hose temperature to prevent excess moisture in the tubing and mask. 
5. I also noted seasonal variations in my bedroom ambient temperature due to my room thermostat. 

Looking forward to trying the new ResMed AirFit N30i "cradle" when it becomes available in the United States.
Hope you resolve your issue and post the result.
Have a good night's sleep for a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I use humidity at 4 this time of year, with hose temp at 80 in manual mode. I would guess you could stand to increase the humidity setting and try manual instead of auro.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2018, 06:00 PM)Artapnea Wrote: The I used to wear these nasal pillows and used to love them. Not sure why now but I switched to a nasal mask. Now I’m trying to switch back. 

What do you mean when you say "Not sure if humid came with machine"????  That's confusing.

You are either using the hose with the electrical connects or not.  If you are using a manual hose you will have to set manual humidity and I would recommend 5-7 on that.  When my rain out hose broke and I started using one of the basic non-involved hoses it was a big problem  FiRST, I thought The settings stopped at 4 because I was so used to the SYSTEM ONE settings and did not realize that on the ReSMED they go up to 10 (I think).  But the automatic feature cant work without the rainout hose I dont think.  At least it ceases to function normally I can attest for sure...

@Artapnea - I did not even realize the hose has a "Heat setting"..?  Am I missing something or confused on something here...?  I am going to have to review the settings I think... I guess that makes sense to prevent the condensation in the line. Kinda confused me between the auto-humid setting as it relates I think...

And I can tell you all. I seriously miss my anti-rainout hose. Its makes a huge difference in the comfort no doubt...
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn’t say I was unsure IF the humidifier came with the machine. The question was asking the BRaND of the humidifier. I answered “unsure- it came with the machine.” Like I imagine the brand is the same as the cpap, but it’s a strange question so it was odd. Do some people have different humidifiers that aren’t bought along with the cpap??

I have a hose that is a heated hose. It has a setting for the heat of the hose.

I can also set the humidity level. 

I inched up the humidity level after my original post and it helped tremendously.

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried upping my humidity and it helped a lot.

I’m not sure what manual mode is vs. auto. I’ve really not explored it much. I’ve had it for years and it wasn’t until a few months ago I knew I could tell it to do a pressure range!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 69 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 348 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,176 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 228 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,923 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,655 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,040 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.