Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Speaking of Distilled vs. Tap Water.
RE: Speaking of Distilled vs. Tap Water.
(01-26-2014, 06:08 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As far as I know there is no bottled water sold in retail stores in the US that is not suitable for human consumption.

I can't for the life of me figure out how demineralising water would make it unfit for human consumption. Why would someone go to all the trouble to demineralise non-potable water?

I seem to recall being taught that drinking large quantities of distilled water can cause damage to cells as minerals are 'leeched' away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps we should acquaint ourselves with the dangers of "dihydrogen monoxide", its can be serious. Thinking-about

Google "dihydrogen monoxide research division" for more information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Keeboudi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2014, 09:24 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 04:54 PM)Sleepster Wrote: In many places distilled water is much more expensive.
I was in Woolworth (biggest supermarket chain in Australia) this morning doing some shopping, there was some 2 ltr of demineralized water found in laundry isle, the label say to use in steam irons/mops, batteries, etc ...
not suitable for drinking and not to use in therapeutic devices ... guess CPAP is a therapeutic device
I,m not going round all the stores looking for distilled water but will be checking other stores
Where do Australian buy their distilled water, I suppose distilleries don,t sell distilled water
I got mine from Miter10. I have stopped using my humidifier so haven't been using any water for the last 3 months.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 08:23 PM)Keeboudi Wrote: I seem to recall being taught that drinking large quantities of distilled water can cause damage to cells as minerals are 'leeched' away.

If ALL you consume is distilled water, you could be in for the types of problems you describe. When I say that's all, I mean that's all. No food or other beverages of any kind. Not an advisable diet, but people have gotten in trouble doing it.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can actually overdose and die on too much water.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,813 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.