Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs
ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs
My machine has no data card, cell modem only. How do I get the data into a program I can use?

DannyG
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs
I never looked in the slot, it does have a card. I'll try on download a program, which is best?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the one I use: #SleepyHead It's pretty easy to use and gives you a heap of very detailed information.
Post Reply Post Reply
DannyG,
I agree with DeepBreathing get #SleepyHead,  It provides great information.  At first, the data will look like Greek, unless you are Greek then the data, I guess, will look like English.   Big Grin

Use the links below my post to learn more about #SleepyHead.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DannyG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead indicates I need a different mask. Who locally would have them in stock?
Post Reply Post Reply
Danny, if you see a lot of leaks with flat-tops then that is probably mouth leaks and you will want a full face or hybrid mask. Read the mask primer (4th link in my signature), it includes a lot of good pointers and links to fit-charts. Decide what you want. Supplier #1 usually includes a mask fit guarantee and they are pretty fast. Most items can be found on Amazon or Ebay, sometimes as mask parts. Just be sure to get a headgear, mask and cushion. Others are sold complete, so watch what you're buying. There are certainly suppliers where you live, but they will be slow, charge more and require prescriptions and a lot of jumping through hoops. Online is best if you're in a hurry.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 07:31 AM)jerrydaw Wrote: My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.

that makes no sense
mine gave me an Rx and no discussion of masks at all

but i have CA and the bipap was a fail

why is he prescribing an ASV for you ?

i would expect ASV to keep pressures lower to avoid causing CAs and only going up sometimes if the OAs are worse than the CAs
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 07:31 AM)jerrydaw Wrote: My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.

I don't believe that to be true.  I use nasal pillows (p10) with an ASV and I see pressure spikes of 25cm h20 without issue.  Resmed used to require a FFM but removed that restriction with the S9 and up if I remember correctly.  

An ASV machine set to auto will manage the EPAP to control OSA, and deliver high pressure spikes to trigger a breath when you are having CSA. The Aircurve 10 ASV is much more prone to deliver a blast than the Dreamstation auto SV, but if your mask is sealing correctly I don't think it matters what type of mask you have.  They are both incredibly comfortable.  

The only time the spikes are an issue is when I am  in the processing of falling asleep and the ASV algorithm mistakes cues and cranks the pressure, which brings me to full awareness.  I suspect that would still be an issue regardless of which mask to use.  

Personally, I would just smile and nod at your doc and then use whatever mask you are comfortable with.  You'll see better results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 244 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,077 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.