Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 AutoSet Sd card?
RE: ResMed 10 AutoSet Sd card?
I don't disagree with you. IDK what phishing is exactly but I was thinking about privacy and who owns 'our' data. I know guy that worked for a major blue chip corporation whose job was to monetize all the data collected from medical equipment they sold. probably not much of a privacy issue but it does disturb me that so much info is collected from us across the board to be used to make someone else money, without our permission. well, I guess we give our permission when we use their services but I don't think that's the fairest way to handle both privacy and data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 01:02 PM)sheepless Wrote: probably not much of a privacy issue but it does disturb me that so much info is collected from us across the board to be used to make someone else money, without our permission.

Welcome to 2019.  The selling of all sorts of user data is what pays for the Internet as we know it.  Just a fact.  This is not the Internet of the 1990's.  I don't like all the data-collection either, nor the "permanent record" that we're all establishing via our technological footprint. (1250237238)

The ultimate solution?  Become a Luddite and permanently disable all your devices' ability to connect to each other or to a network of any type.  You'll then have some degree of technological privacy.  And never get online ever again in any way, shape or form, and never visit a doctor, DME, hospital or other business or government institution who might ask personal information from you.

There are methods to limit your technological footprint that fall short of going "full Luddite", of course.  I myself practice many of those methods.  But unplugging from any and all databases is near to impossible unless you no longer desire to be part of modern society.  And even if you do "unplug" now, that still doesn't erase any of your previous-created data that is currently being held in thousands of databases world-wide.  You can never completely erase your technological footprint.  It's impossible.

But to think that CPAP manufacturers are complicit in any type of phishing expedition is absurd.  There's absolutely no reason to believe such a thing-- that's what I was pointing out.  And I'm hardly what folks would call "a defender of CPAP manufacturers" around here.   Too-funny

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably won't like these newer cars either (read computer controlled late model) as they can be hacked. About a year ago I'd read that some techy guys intentionally hacked into their friends newer Jeep and took over the throttle, brakes, and steering. The driver was part of the test and was aware it would be done. However he said it was eye opening and a bit disconcerting to drive along the interstate when somebody takes over your car.

Anyway on the xPAP front, I'm sure there's not a lot of data hackers find valuable on my ASV. Wow, look at that guy's EPAP Min, TV and Minute Vent, that should be worth a few dollars...OK not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 107 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet 39517 (22231480293) human 4 720 11-05-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Airsense 11 AutoSet model 39520 Pixel Ninja 6 1,481 06-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Pixel Ninja
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 926 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.