Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 AutoSet Sd card?
ResMed 10 AutoSet Sd card?
I just got this machine which has a cell modem built in and transmits data using same???

Can I still put an SD Card n the slot and have data saved here as well? I dont want to switch exclusively use the sd card, as this would tip off the dr and equipment provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 AutoSet Sd card?
Yes, data is sent to the card.

And I don't think your supplier or doc would give a rat's behind if you were using the card. And, unless they explicitly told you they were using it for compliance data, you can set it to Airplane mode.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The answer to the question that you intended to ask is yes no problem that you use the SD card.

No because the data transmitted is actually low resolution data and the data saved is actually better high resolution data.

They likely only care about compliance data anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your doctor shouldn’t care if you are using a SD card or not.  

And it makes no difference as it is a totally separate thing from the “My Air” summary that he is probably seeing.

Be sure to download your data from your SD card every few days into the OSCAR program, so your data is always there for you to view. SD cards can go bad in time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply....

Will the machine format the card properly, or do I need to do that before I insert?
Post Reply Post Reply
New SD cards, 32Gb and below, come preformatted to Win32 file structure. No additional formatting is needed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Un plug the Sim transfer DATA they are phishing your DATA. Use only your sd card with your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 11:53 AM)ID66 Wrote: Un plug the Sim transfer DATA they are phishing your DATA. Use only your sd card with your doctor.

The paranoia is strong with this one.  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_GJmDF5H5rMPHaYgb8m1...kuZTnv-ku5]

(and you all thought I was too paranoid)   Too-funny

Using the cellular modem to transfer your compliance data to a provider is not them "phishing your data".   Rolleyes
Your medical supply company and/or sleep doctor is not some sort of "hacker" attempting to sell your CPAP data on the dark web.   Oh-jeez

They need that data to prove compliance with the therapy so that your insurance company will continue to pay for the machine and/or CPAP supplies.  If they'll agree to have you bringing in your SD card on a regular basis instead of using the modem, that's fine, but it's more work on you.  But to suggest that using the cellular modem to send in data to a health care provider is "phishing" is just plain stupid.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
yes, if a little harsh, but don't the manufacturers also collect and mine our data? big money in aggregate data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 12:35 PM)sheepless Wrote: yes, if a little harsh, but don't the manufacturers also collect and mine our data?  big money in aggregate data.

That data goes to the DMEs and/or sleep doctors, not directly to the manufacturers.  And even if the manufacturers do skim aggregated data off the provider's reporting software for their own use, it's probably used to analyze how effective the machines are, giving hard data to help with improvements to the hardware itself or the firmware/software.  I guess that could be considered a financial incentive (of sorts) for them to improve their machines, which is fine as far as I'm concerned, because that's kind of what we as patients want to happen anyway.  (How many people want a newer CPAP machine that performs worse than a previous model?) 

But in any case, that kind of data-use hardly qualifies as "phishing", which is what ID66 was suggesting.

It's very doubtful that anyone is collecting CPAP data in order to somehow "sell that data" on the "dark web".  There's nothing in a patient's CPAP data that is of much marketable value, other than to the manufacturers who might use it to improve machine effectiveness.

And that's coming from me-- someone who is extremely concerned about privacy issues.

Folks aren't even thinking properly about this - even if you physically take your SD card into the provider (rather than sending that data over the cellular modem), the provider STILL has all your data in their system, regardless, and the data is still sitting on their systems, and could be accessed by anyone who had access previously, whether deposited there by you bringing in your SD card, or via a modem file transfer.  The only thing you're eliminating is the mode in which the data is transferred, and if you really think there's a bunch of "CPAP data hackers" sitting outside your home, just waiting for the exact moment when your CPAP sends it's data over the cellphone network, so they can "sell that data" to the highest bidder... well... let's just say that is pretty darn paranoid.  

I just don't think this particular "issue" is an "issue" at all.  There are far more invasive privacy issues that we probably need to be concerned about.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 107 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,250 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet 39517 (22231480293) human 4 720 11-05-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 642 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 549 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Airsense 11 AutoSet model 39520 Pixel Ninja 6 1,481 06-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Pixel Ninja
  Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card Pat F 5 926 03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.