Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Autosense skipping detailed data
ResMed 10 Autosense skipping detailed data
I periodically download data off my card using ResScan software, and notice that for what seem to be random blocks of time, my ResMed 10 Autosense card seems to have had no detailed data to download - Summary Data is there for every night, but not always Detailed Data.  I check my unit every morning to see what happened overnight, but I don't make downloads off the card very often.  I do really like the detailed data, though, and hate having no record of this.  I would really appreciate anyone sharing experiences who might have also experienced this problem.

I wonder if it is an issue with the card? Might that the detailed data IS on the card but for some reason just isn't being read when I download?  I wonder if it is a software issue?  When I download data off the card and the software recognizes files which have already been downloaded -  does it matter how I tell ResScan to treat the duplicate files?  

Possibly is it a settings issue on the unit?  Power outages do change settings on my ResMed - I normally keep the airplane mode sett to "on" and the time period set to "day - sometimes the airplane mode changes to "off", and the reporting period always changes from "day" to "month".  Sometimes I also lose an hour or gain an hour on the time setting (guess that it depends on whether or not I'm in the daylight-savings time of year).  I know how to go to the clinician's menu to fix the time, but is there a setting I should be checking on in the clinician's menu which affects or governs the recording of detailed data on the card which might also be affected by power outages?  

Windows10 did a lot of mischief to my laptop but the problem pre-dates that unhelpful update.  I have been using the ResMed since April 2016, and see 17 blocks of time during which this has happened, range is from one day to 5 months.  I engage the write-protect switch before putting the card into the laptop to prevent my computer from writing to the card, but forgot to re-open the write-protect one time so it was in the unit for a while with "write protect" switched on and possibly could, then, not record detailed data.  Another two times I forgot to put the card back into the unit altogether, but I cannot even guess at the other gap periods.   Cannot estimate how many times we've had power outages - happens a lot, usually only minutes but some have been hours-long.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 Autosense skipping detailed data
Being write-protected or not in the unit will definitely result in no detailed data. Also OSCAR will once per day so that could cause an issue.

Make a new profile and load your data there. The other option would be to delete the data for the days with missing data and then reload the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions.  Must be that the detailed data simply wasn't recorded for all those days.  I tried deleting some of the "summary only" sessions and reloading off the card, but they came up "summary only" again.  I also deleted a "detailed data" session to see what would happen, and it, too, came back "detailed data" when I reloaded.  I then made up a fictitious evil twin and downloaded the data off the card to her file - at first try she had only summary data for all her sessions, though after a couple of re-tries, she had some sessions replaced with "detail data" and eventually ended up with the same "detail data" days and "summary only" days as I did - EXCEPT - her file would only download sessions back to 10/8/18 though I've been recording sessions since April 2016.  Makes me wonder if the card has the ability to dump older data.  

So, am still confounded about why the "detailed data" isn't being recorded every night, but I'll do downloads a lot more often and see if I can't see some cause or pattern show up.  I suspect that the cause might be our power blips and outages.  I often need to unplug and re-plug USB drives to get the laptop to recognize them after a power blip.  If the ResMed and the card have issues like that, it could be that I have been unknowingly correcting the issue when I would happen along to do a download off the card some days/weeks/months after a power outage glitch, and would eject and then re-seat the card in order to download data to the laptop and then return the card to the ResMed … unknowingly effecting a fix to a problem I didn't know existed ... it could explain the cause and why some of the gap periods span days and some span months. We'll see!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this will help you or not. An excerpt from the ResScan wen page listing it's key features:

"Choose from three levels of data depending on your patients’ needs: Summary (view trends up to 365 nights); Detailed (view breath by breath therapy data up to 30 nights); High Resolution (view research quality flow data up to seven nights)."

Also listed in a chart format on pg 8 of the Interpretation Guide for ResScan.
You have 7 days of High Res data
30 days of detailed data
365 days of summary data

So if your looking to get the high res data you will need to copy the card into ResScan (or Oscar) at least once a week.
If you don't, it sounds like the machine starts deleting the older stuff to make room for the newer data.

I'm still new to this so I copy my data daily. All the data I have in Oscar and ResScan is high res and detailed.

Hope that helps you....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aw, you're not saying "Hey, doofus, didja try reading the manual?", are you?
Seriously, though, thanks for your thoughts - seems to definitely correlate what I've NOT been doing regularly to why I've NOT been consistently getting detailed data downloads.   I'll definitely make a point to download the card every few days instead of every blue moon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 05:22 PM)FormerFed Wrote: Aw, you're not saying "Hey, doofus, didja try reading the manual?", are you?
Seriously, though, thanks for your thoughts - seems to definitely correlate what I've NOT been doing regularly to why I've NOT been consistently getting detailed data downloads.   I'll definitely make a point to download the card every few days instead of every blue moon.

Nope, no sarcasm intended.  Just happened to find it by mistake while looking for something else.  Now if we were back in the 80's, sure the intent would have been different.  More along the line of RTFM (Read The Free Manual).  But that was a different time.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,454 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 793 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 936 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.