Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Autoset humidifier issue
ResMed 10 Autoset humidifier issue
Hello need some advice from fellow ResMed Autoset 10 users . I set  the humidifier level to 6 and in the morning the water reservoir level has not gone down much.  Does this model have a humidity sensor that regulates the amount of humidity given out?  My average pressure at night is 11-12 and I am using slimline hose . The hiumidity in the house is about 45-50%.  
Also when I place my fingers on the heater plate when I get up in the morning it is cool to the touch .  How do we lknow the humidifier is working properly aside from the green smiley face?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 Autoset humidifier issue
If the water was at the max line when you started I'd say it's working fine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier can run in Auto or Manual modes. I think Auto places a sensor to gauge room conditions to establish settings that it considers ideal. It may also base that determination on minimizing rainout.

Manual mode directly controls the hot plate and the output of humidity & under manual mode, humidity output whould be higher.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity sensor is in the climateline heated hose, as your using the slimline hose all you have is the humidifier setting. As your water level is dropping then the humidifier is working.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2018, 09:54 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The humidifier can run in Auto or Manual modes.
Not with the Slimline hose.  Auto mode is only available with the Climateline heated hose.

I have to adjust my humidifier between 4 and 6 depending on ambient temperature (humidity in my home is a constant 45-50%) to prevent rainout.  Summer I can turn the humidifier up to 6, winter I have to drop it to 4 or 5.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2018, 01:38 AM)CB91710 Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 09:54 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The humidifier can run in Auto or Manual modes.
Not with the Slimline hose.  Auto mode is only available with the Climateline heated hose.

I have to adjust my humidifier between 4 and 6 depending on ambient temperature (humidity in my home is a constant 45-50%) to prevent rainout.  Summer I can turn the humidifier up to 6, winter I have to drop it to 4 or 5.

Thanks for the correction. I missed the slimline designation somewhere along the line. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 42 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 109 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.