Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device
ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device
Several US CPAP merchants are selling something called a "ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Card-to-Cloud". ResMed has info about it online; this overview from May 2022 is useful.

Quote:Our AirSense 10 devices with product codes 37314 (Elite) and 37316 (AutoSet) have no built-in cellular connectivity. Customer data cannot be sent to the cloud automatically after each nightly therapy session. To view your customers' therapy data, you will have to manually upload their data from their device's SD card into AirView. Whilst you won't be able to conduct remote monitoring, remote troubleshooting, and remote settings changes with these card-to-cloud devices, alternative methods are available.

So this seems to be like a regular ResMed device but without the cellular monitoring service. I can't imagine why most people would prefer that. I suppose the very privacy conscious will be happy? It might save a few bucks but I bet it's ultimately lost revenue for ResMed since the online monitoring is part of how they are selling data subscriptions to doctors. Perhaps they produced this version because of a parts shortage problem related to global supply chain difficulties.

I haven't seen discussion here of this, perhaps it really is new? I haven't seen any indicator that there will be a Resmed 11 Card-to-Cloud.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device
"Perhaps they produced this version because of a parts shortage problem related to global supply chain difficulties."

This is likely^

We haven't seen anyone with this particular version yet.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR team would love to get a copy of one or more of these, just to prove what we suspect, that they still work with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is that this coincides with the deprecation of CDMA - it's being shut down in the USA.   If you look at the manual for the resmed10 you see that they were built with this as the vector to transfer data.  It's no longer being supported by most US carriers.  I'd further guess that existing chips in new US machines have been disabled

I'm considering buying one of these as a backup for travel and camping.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, that's old documentation. ResMed has used both G3 and G4 radios in more recent machines, although I don't know the transition dates.

I believe the card to cloud machines are strictly due to parts shortages.

I think the card to cloud machines are all 10 series; I haven't heard of any 11 series model numbers.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if a card to cloud resmed is capable of ringing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not certain what you're asking regarding ringing. Like a phone? No ResMed model does that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I have Airsense 10, there is a sticker on top says compatible with myair and directions how to set up myair account, I set up the account online last week and still no data has been synced, I emailed the company they instructed me to unplug machine plug back in I have done that. I noticed that there is no signal notification in the right hand corner of the display, nothing is there, and when I go into settings, there is no serial number for a modem, I contacted the company who sent me the machine and they told me that it is capable since they have remotely monitored my machine, they told me they will look into it and get back to me, I am thinking it is missing the cellular modem due to shortage. I will update as soon as they get back to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is yours the card to cloud model?
Post Reply Post Reply
It has an sd card, but it does not say cloud2card anywhere on the machine, and it has sticker on top saying it is compatible with myair
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 364 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.