Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
Good morning

I am new member on here so good morning from lovely Scotland.

I have been diagnosed with sleep breathing disorder for a few months now and have been given a ResMed 10 Elite machine with fixed pressure at 13.8 along with the ResMed F20 full face mask.

I have tried looking at sleepyhead and ResMed review software to see if my pressure settings are still correct but I don’t know whether this software doesn’t do what I am looking for.

Will the software tell me if my pressure setting is too high/low with it being a fixed pressure unit or will this only show on a automatic unit??

Also what sort of settings do people recommend?

I recently changed starting pressure from 4 to 7 and run the humidifier and heated hose both on auto along with climate control on auto. Ramp on auto also.

Last night was the first night I changed the EPR settings from 3 full time to ramp only.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
G'day David. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your Resmed Elite gives full data so the software will give a good indication as to whether the settings are right or not. It might take a little bit more trial and error getting everything dialled in with a fixed pressure machine, but we can certainly help you with that.

I see you're using SleepyHead, which is a good start. If you like, you can upgrade to Oscar (which is a later development based on SleepyHead) but SleepyHead will give you what you need. The first thing is to post some charts here on the forum and we'll help you interpret them.

First we need to see an overview chart with the following graphs turned on: Usage, Session times, AHI and Leak rate.

Then we need to see some daily charts. Use the link below to organise the daily charts to give the most useful information. (Note that the links are for Oscar but apply pretty much to SleepyHead as well).

Download Oscar: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Oscar help: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

Organise your charts: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Post your charts to the forum: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBreathing

Thank you for your reply. I have attached the screenshots as requested. Overview plus last 5 daily logs. 
Many Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Also forgot to mention I do notice that I need a good old burp when I wake up like I’m swallowing a lot of air!
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you are well treated at your current setting, as far as a great AHI number shows. A little bit of flow limitations, but not too bad.

Your Sleep seems disrupted though. Do you know why you have so many breaks in therapy?

One thing...you mentioned burping. This is Aerophagia (swallowing of air). A lower pressure sometimes helps.

You may not need the pressure of 13.8, so you could knock it down to 13 to see if that helps with Aerophagia. Watch to see if events start to increase at 13, if not...then you could bring the pressure down a little more until you are comfortable and the burping settles. Keep your EPR at 3.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep EPR at 3? I’ve read conflicting things about EPR some day not to use it at all and some say to use it. I used it without last night and seemed fine. Will try 13 tonight and see how I get on. 

Was struggling with dry mouths and seals for a while. Had a liner etc but think I have this sorted now so hoping breaks in therapy should be down but I wake up at 3am every morning for the toilet
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to try with EPR off and see what happens to your charts. You would need to drop your min by 3 to maintain the same therapy level.
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour:
See this is where I get confused with you saying drop my minimum by 3 with EPR off as I’m on a fixed pressure unit. I only have a starting pressure which ramps up from there, once it reaches the prescribed pressure 13.8 it just stays at that pressure. 

I’m assuming your advice is for APAP devices?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2019, 10:31 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Keep EPR at 3? I’ve read conflicting things about EPR some day not to use it at all and some say to use it. I used it without last night and seemed fine. Will try 13 tonight and see how I get on. 

You are already using it according to your great charts, at least that’s what all the charts you shared show an EPR of 3. If your fine without it, that’s your call.  

And yes, you will see different recommendations.  It all depends on your particular therapy.  It’s not an all or nothing recommendation.

A high EPR setting in some folk trigger Clear Airways.  That doesn’t seem to be a problem for you.
For now, it seems to be a comfort feature in your case.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going to go halfway with your recommendation and my current prescription and try 13.4 tonight but with no EPR see if it makes any difference. Will report back in the morning!!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 207 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.