Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
Some folk here find better luck using a “soft” cervical collar to help the mouth/jaw stay closed, and prevent chin tucking. Collars can be found in many sizes.

Measure the circumference of your neck, add a couple inches. It should be worn loose enough to insert a couple fingers. Also consider the height of your neck. Don’t buy one too tall.
Check Amazon. Search neck collars, you will see many choices.

If all else fails, try taping your mouth. I don’t personally recommend it, but seems to work for some.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hey so I tried mouth taping last night and here are my results....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Davidacarrick,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Sure you can't do better than that? I saw an AHI of 0.16...

How does the treatment feel now?

Coffee

PS sounds like there's some real "helpful" doctors in Scotland.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah certainly seem to be better. AHI was never really an issue was just the other side effects I was getting like dry mouth and nasal congestion etc. Falling asleep tonight was uncomfortable with the heat.....yep heat even in scotland haha
Post Reply Post Reply
Good results. Smile
Curious, are the breaks in therapy due to naps, or do you work odd hours and sleep is broken or just plain waking up?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No I nap but I think it’s more a habit nap because I use to do it before treatment if that makes sense so just need to get out the habit plus I suffer with mental health problems and my bed is my safe place
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 05:37 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: No I nap but I think it’s more a habit nap because I use to do it before treatment if that makes sense so just need to get out the habit plus I suffer with mental health problems and my bed is my safe place

I have no problem with naps! If I wake earlier that I want to, I just get up, but at some point during the day, I seem to need a nap.

Do whatever you need to feel rested, as everyone’s needs differ.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect can you tell my wife that lol she thinks I’m just lazy haha
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 06:04 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Perfect can you tell my wife that lol she thinks I’m just lazy haha

I’m staying out of that one. Too-funny
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
opal rose is smarter than me. i dont mind explaining it to your wife or anyone else. i dont remember ever waking up refreshed & energetic, even as a child. all my life i have been accused of laziness. i came to believe it until some years ago i realized i can be as productive as the next guy with the aid of stimulants. despite the judgment of others, it's not laziness, it's sleep deprivation. we all have crosses to bear and while it serves no purpose at this point i cant help but wonder how different life might have been with normal sleep. normal sleepers complain about waking up once during the night but some seem unable to empathize with how it feels to wake scores of times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 207 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.