Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
(08-21-2019, 12:46 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Going to go halfway with your recommendation and my current prescription and try 13.4 tonight but with no EPR see if it makes any difference. Will report back in the morning!!

Thanks

I don’t think anyone recommended that, but curious to see results. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
? I am a man and we are stubborn and think we know best!! Haha
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I forgot to mention is see at night when I start treatment I get headaches..my mask is definitely not tight though
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2019, 01:33 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: The only thing I forgot to mention is see at night when I start treatment I get headaches..my mask is definitely not tight though

Your mask should not be worn too tight, nor too loose.
Have you read this:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

As far as why you are having headaches, Dont-know Do you have untreated high blood pressure?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
David, I noticed your tidal volume and respiration rate are both a bit on the high side - your breathing is rapid and deep. (But not outside normal limits). I wonder if that is related to any other conditions, or whether it's contributing to your aerophagia and/or headaches? As you work through changes to pressure and EPR, keep an eye on those other parameters and see if they shift at all. It is likely not very significant but probably worth watching.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. What could cause this? I woke up this morning with that horrible burning/itching sensation deep in my nose like rhinitis/hay fever. Humidifier is on, set and has water in it too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly allergies, or even too much/too little humidity.

Even if there’s no congestion, start using a saline nasal rinse, the kind with the squeeze bottle. This helps clear out any irritants.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So no thanks to my GP whose an arse I’m armed with some fexofenadine anti histamines tonight that I have repeat prescription and some beconase steroid nasal spray. My deep clinic who I spoke to today advised to me to speak to my GP about getting the nasal spray prescribed to me even though you can buy it over the counter if I have it prescribed it’s free (god loves the NHS in scotland)! So anyway after arguing with a doctors secretary about why I need it and who told me to get it I hung up on her and told her I’d just go and buy it as she refused to get the doctor to phone me discuss it as it wasn’t an emergency and offered me the next available appointment in 2 weeks time! No thanks love I’ll spend £5 and sleep better immediately you can save you appointments for tax dodging junkies that get everything they want on demand!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had a better sleep using the nasal spray and fexofenadine however still noticed I woke up a few times - 3am, 4.30am and then 7 when my alarm went off. When my alarm went off I could literally have stayed in bed.

One thing I did notice is even tough I’m using the ResMed chin restraint, nasal spray etc I woke up and was mouth breathing and nose was congested. Maybe need to get a better chin strap?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 144 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 193 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 278 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 127 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 254 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 624 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 288 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.