Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
(08-25-2019, 06:04 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Perfect can you tell my wife that lol she thinks I’m just lazy haha

I can write you a script Smile 99 years of naps on whatever time or day as needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So last night:

ResMed elite 10
Pressure 13.8 (my prescribed level) - fixed pressure ramped from 4.0
EPR off
Mouth taped (predictive text weirdly wanted to change that to start with an R)
AHI of leas than 1.0
Humidifier on as is heated hose at auto climate

No issues with EPR off but still getting aerophagia. Any suggestions??
Post Reply Post Reply
So you AHI is up a little, but still a great number. EPR on or off didn’t make much of a difference. Use it if your comfortable with it.

As far as Aerophagia goes, you should try to drop your minimum pressure a little at a time. This should give you some relief. I would drop it to 12.5 for a few days, EPR 2, if all looks good, try 12cm minimum and so on. Make note of how you feel.

If your getting relief from Aerophagia with a lower pressure, and no major increases in AHI, then you may be at your sweet spot so to speak.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So today I’m getting changed to APAP long term after liaison with my sleep clinic
Post Reply Post Reply
So I’m home and got my Resmed AirSense 10 Elite Autoset. Been set to titrate automatically between 4.0 and 20.

Fitted is heather hose with auto climate control setting, humidifier set to auto and EPR set to 3.

Chin strap on, full face Resmed F20 mask, mouth taped, nasal spray and anti histamines......

Let see how tonight goes!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll predict you may not be too comfy tonight with a wide open pressure range of 4-20.
I would suggest for comfort alone, to set the minimum pressure to at least 8, EPR at 2 or 3.

You can check your median and 95% pressure numbers in the morning, that will give you an idea where your minimum pressure should be.

Also, take note if you experience Aerophagia with the lower minimum setting.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 04:18 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: So I’m home and got my Resmed AirSense 10 Elite Autoset. Been set to titrate automatically between 4.0 and 20.

Fitted is heather hose with auto climate control setting, humidifier set to auto and EPR set to 3.

Chin strap on, full face Resmed F20 mask, mouth taped, nasal spray and anti histamines......

Let see how tonight goes!!

So which do you have, your profile says "Elite" a CPAP, the text says Elite AutoSet, yhr autoset being an APAP, the Elite a CPAP, two different machines. what does it say in the lower right corner of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aww sorry not updated my profile as didn’t get home until late last night, will update now!! Have a AirSense 10 autoset.

Shouldn’t laugh at this but going to tell everyone as it’s quite funny! So last night I got home late and hadn’t cleaned my mask in the morning (busy day from the offset) so gave it a quick clean with RESPLABS mask wipes and thought oh sod it I’ll just use them to clean my face too rather than go wash my face as I was being lazy..........woke up at 1am and my face was on fire!! So don’t do this as it’s not reccomeded to use them directly on the skin and your suppose to let the mask dry after cleaning! Day of nappy rash cream on my face today! Idiot lol
Post Reply Post Reply
So.......since you didn’t have a restful night, Lolabove  gather a couple days data with your new settings, then post here. Well, only if you able to wear your mask.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Arghh why can’t I have a good nights sleep!! Last night my stubble was irritating me had to get up at 1am to shave! Woke up a few times then my APAP kept clicking everytime I breathed in and out like a flap noise within the machine itself which was annoying the hell out of me. Not sure if it was the humidifier empty or not
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 97 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 102 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.