Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
The flapping noise could be from your mask, not the machine.

If your wearing a full face mask, there should be a asphyxia valve. I believe it’s a little flap near the elbow. Not real sure, but have read that they could get stuck and make a flapping noise, so check that first.

Also, be sure the humidifier chamber is seated correctly, and seals are not worn out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
when I get that clicking sound I do two things: adjust the humidifier chamber (jiggle, reseat, push against the wall if it's not, pull it away from the wall if it is, top off with water), and I concentrate on breathing less forcefully. so far so good.
Post Reply Post Reply
                    Good Morning Folks,

Well I have been on APAP (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset) now since 29.08.2019 and thought I would post a few OSCAR results to see what you guys think. Still waking up regularly during the night and waking up feeling unrefreshed in a morning! Currently I have the following:

- Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset set to titrate between 7 and 20 with EPR set to 
- Climateair Hose
- Humidifier on and set to auto
- Antihistamine daily at 5pm (Fexofenadine)
- Beconase nasal spray morning and night
- Resmed chin restraint
- Resmed F20 full face mask
- Do not consume any fluids after 1930hrs at night to prevent require to wake up for toilet
- Artificial saliva gel to prevent mouth dryness
- Occasionally mouth tape

I know my AHI is good but any suggestions to try get me through the night without keep waking up??
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
There’s nothing in your charts that jump out and explain frequent awakenings.  

You do have some Flow Limitations and may be experiencing Rera’s. You are already using EPR which is good, so you may have to start increasing the minimum pressure a bit.

The minimum pressure should be around what your median pressure is.  Raise it slowly about .5cm at a time and watch for a day or two.

Other than that, practice sleep hygiene.  
Be sure your bedroom is comfortable.  Sleep with little or no lights on.  Limit any outside noise. (Wear Earplugs if needed).  Go to bed at approximately the same time every night.  Limit food and liquid intake before bed.

You can also try Melatonin. A Timed Release pill may help regulate your sleep cycle. Melatonin isn’t meant to be taken long term, but it could be beneficial for a couple weeks.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply and will def try your suggestions regarding upping the minimum pressure. Regards sleeping with no lights on etc this is a sore subject.....my wife sleeps with the curtains open! Always has done because she claims it causes her to wake up with headaches otherwise. Maybe need to invest in an eye patch thing to darken the room!
Post Reply Post Reply
So think I’ve made the correct changes:

Start pressure 6.0
Min pressure up from 7.0 to 7.6 as only goes up in 0.2
Maximum 20
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds good. It may be a good idea to limit the maximum pressure so that the FL and Snores don’t cause your pressure to raise too high, which could disrupt sleep.

Set max to 15cm.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
So just had a nap and came out with 0.0 AHI over 1.5 hours! Not sure if it may be a cause but the F20 full face mask when I first put on I felt was restricting my breathing, I adjusted it a bit and seemed better. Think it was maybe too tight and the air cushion was collapsing my nasal passage slightly but after adjustment breathing was good
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I’m all for naps if needed, but watch you don’t take too many during the day. That may contribute to frequent awakenings at night.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.