Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help
good you got your mask adjusted better and are breathing easier. 0.0's are always a little exciting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arghhh! Another rubbish sleep. Woke up several times, woke up this morning with a dry throat etc.

So here in the UK it’s currently 7C or 44F overnight and I usually sleep with my room window open so my rooms cold...would you suggest closing this and trying to get the room temperature up slightly??
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2019, 01:47 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Arghhh! Another rubbish sleep. Woke up several times, woke up this morning with a dry throat etc.

So here in the UK it’s currently 7C or 44F overnight and I usually sleep with my room window open so my rooms cold...would you suggest closing this and trying to get the room temperature up slightly??

Wouldn’t hurt, as your not sleeping well with window open.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the heater hose is the only benefit of that to prevent rain out?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it prevents rain out and moisture buildup in the hose. You probably need to get the temperature up in your room too. It doesn’t have to be hot. I think the heated hose makes for a better sleeping environment, but I guess that depends on the individual.

Also, the machines are pretty good at measuring the humidity in your room and uses the water in the humidifier accordingly.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2019, 01:47 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Arghhh! Another rubbish sleep. Woke up several times, woke up this morning with a dry throat etc.

I run my hose under the covers it works for me
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess everyone is different. I can't sleep in a warm environment, especially when forced air heat is drying everything out. growing up we kept windows open at night for a cool/cold sleeping environment even in dead of winter. we didn't worry back then about the furnace running all night as a result. during heating season I now keep temp set to 65F at night. not as comfortable as window open but heating cost is less. heated hose and/or hose wrap if you're getting rainout.

dry throat may have something to do with temp and humidity but could be simply a matter of figuring out how to keep your mouth closed during therapy. the usual solutions are tape, chinstrap, soft cervical collar and the tongue suck method.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well if I woke up everyday feeling like I did this morning I’d be a happy boy!!

Yesterday spent significant time doing a mask re-fit as I think it was too tight

Woke up once during the night to pee and once again with a dry throat so mouth taped and slept the rest of the night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good, that sounds like progress. Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2019, 06:51 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: See the heater hose is the only benefit of that to prevent rain out?

For what it's worth, I say heated hoses reduce or prevent rainout. I personally think it modifies incoming air temperature somewhat. Admitted, it could be the added humidity doing that temp increase, but I'm not sure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 102 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.