Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My First Experience with DME
My First Experience with DME
I just registered on this forum today! Anyway, yesterday, I had my appointment with VitalAire to get my machine to start my cpap therapy. My dad went along with we because I am disabled. The appointment went great. The respiratoty therapist was very nice and very polite. She explained to both of us how the machine works and even set it up for us. We walked out with a Resmed Airsense 10 Elite whch is full data capable. The trial mask I was given is a Resmed Airfit F20 full face mask. I will have to wait a few days to see if ODSP(Ontario Disability Support Program) will approve the price of the mask. So my first night with the machine went pretty well. I slept for over 7 hours using the cpap machine which is longer than I was sleeping before I started the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First Experience with DME
Hi george656 - Welcome

Your post sounds like you are off to a good start.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

Keep up the good work!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy for you, George.  I had a similar experience on Vancouver Island.  Still, I went to the first interview, and to subsequent ones, with some hard facts and recent learning.  My therapist learned right away that I wasn't the least bit disinterested or indifferent to my condition or its remediation and management.  We reached a mutual understanding that I would have to be in full agreement as to my eventual purchase after the six-week trial with an autoset, and then to the new purchase's settings.  So far, so good.

It sets up a lovely and long tale when things are done right by all components of a system.
Post Reply Post Reply
george656 welcome to the forum. I look forward to watching you benefit from CPAP.

Glad to have you on the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi george656,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you are off to a good start with CPAP thereapy.
Good luck with it and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope my first visit to my DME is as nice as yours...keeping my fingers crossed...hopefully any day now
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 543 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,446 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Somnics iNAP experience after 1 week joshielevy 12 5,338 07-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 511 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Those of you who experience Hypopneas and not Apneas, what were your symptoms and how jz68 5 1,011 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.