Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 10 with Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask
RE: ResMed 10 with Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask
My seasonal allergies are DRAMATICALLY better by setting my machine on a high humidification level.  I never thought this would be a significant side benefit of treatment but it is truly remarkable.  I'm thinking that besides my sinuses being "wetted" I may be getting a small benefit from the filtered air coming into the machine, but I don't think the media is small enough to trap pollen spores, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also switched to the dreamwear and I noticed even though my sleep has been much better the system is thinking I am taking the mask on/off a lot now? Any reason why this mask would cause that? Also with this mask the auto off feature does not work. I have changed the setting to nasal mask immediately after I changed masks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 08:17 AM)Cookedlizard Wrote: I also switched to the dreamwear and I noticed even though my sleep has been much better the system is thinking I am taking the mask on/off a lot now? Any reason why this mask would cause that? Also with this mask the auto off feature does not work. I have changed the setting to nasal mask immediately after I changed masks

You have to set the machine to pillows for the Dreamwear nasal mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Really I was specifically told by the supplier to set to nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 08:57 AM)Cookedlizard Wrote: Really I was specifically told by the supplier to set to nasal mask?

Because of it's small size it falls under the pillow setting. Go ahead and try it on pillows and it should clear up the problem.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 05:18 PM)RonKMiller Wrote: My seasonal allergies are DRAMATICALLY better by setting my machine on a high humidification level.  I never thought this would be a significant side benefit of treatment but it is truly remarkable.  I'm thinking that besides my sinuses being "wetted" I may be getting a small benefit from the filtered air coming into the machine, but I don't think the media is small enough to trap pollen spores, etc.

I found some Hypoallergenic filter on Amazon. They are not made by resmed but they are madin in the USA by Roscoe Medical. They are foam and seem to work much better that the regular filters. #CPF-S9HYPK-2. I got 12 for $8.00.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have my unit set for pillows. I have it on nasal mask and it works fine. I would suggest calling your equipment provider and check with them as to why it is not functioning properly.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 978 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 77 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 93 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,293 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,826 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,804 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.