Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 37208 vs 37028
ResMed 37208 vs 37028
Newbie to CPAP here. I was just diagnosed after a home study and advised to start CPAP. The RT suggested a ResMed Airsense 10 model # 37208. As I'm paying out of pocket and unsure how well I will tolerate CPAP, I'm looking at used machines. I see that ResMed Airsense 10 machines are available, but with a different model # 37028. A phone call to ResMed was answered by a helpful customer support person who told me that only the 37208 model is in the current catalogue, and could not find any information for the 37028 machine.

I suspect one is a current model and the other is an older machine. Can anyone tell me if they are otherwise equivalent?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 37208 vs 37028
You want only the ResMed S10 autoset. Autoset is the key word do not accept any other ResMed model.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
They are not equal, the 37208 is AutoSet which you want, and the 37028 is CPAP which you need to avoid.

It's far easier to shop by name.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet For Her.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
37208 should be the "AirSense 10 AutoSet." 37028 should be the "AirSense 10 CPAP."

You do not want to get the 37028 CPAP. Also, I suspect the 37028 is either an older model or a model number used in some other country. The "CPAP" model does not record any data to the SD card, so if you ever need to find out exactly what your machine is reporting, you can't.

You definitely want the "AutoSet" machine. As staceyburke said, the key word is "Autoset." Don't accept anything that doesn't say "Autoset" or "Autoset for Her".

EDIT: Looks like the data I was looking at was incorrect and 37028 is an Autoset.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for saving me from a costly mistake. Kudos to this board. I've been lurking for a while, anticipating my diagnosis. It's good to know that help is available as I begin my sleep apnea journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to add the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her as a candidate for a new machine as well, even if you're a him.

It's functionally identical to the AirSense 10 AutoSet but has an extra, optional mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW welcome to Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to contradict all those fine members who think that a 37028 is a CPAP, but they are wrong.

The 37028 is perhaps the first AirSense 10 AutoSet model distributed. There is one sitting on my bedside table, and has been since January 2015

If ResMed says the 37208 is an AutoSet, they are likely correct, but I haven't seen an SD card from one yet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could this be older versus newer version AutoSet 10 then?
Post Reply Post Reply
After further inquiry, I believe pholynyk is correct. The machine which has been offered is product # 37028, is clearly marked "Autoset" on the front panel, and will take an SD card. Decoding of the SN indicates April 2017 manufacture. Machine time is 19 hours. We're talking Craiglist here, so until I have the machine in my hands...

My local DME has my Rx as of today...I'll explore new machine options with them but expecting $$$.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Diagnosis] CPAP, Airsense 10 Elite 37028 autoset BRAND NEW by RESMED Tourdriver1 5 1,864 04-22-2020, 08:28 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.