Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 6.0
ResMed 6.0
I just downloaded the ResMed 6.0 software, but when I try to open the program, it required a user ID and a password; this is quite different from all prior versions. Does anyone know the appropriate combination or some way to bypass the login screen?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 6.0
Please review this thread about this topic:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-6-0?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending where you find the software..
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2018, 11:22 AM)Grieko S. Wrote: Depending where you find the software..

Pretty sure that ResScan version 6.0 always requires a username/password login, no matter where it 'came from'.

That's why if you get the download link from following the directions HERE, you'll also get a link to version 5.9 which does not have a login requirement.

I don't think there's much difference between 6.0 and 5.9, so downloading 5.9 will likely suffice for most people.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2018, 09:54 AM)shaloum Wrote: I just downloaded the ResMed 6.0 software, but when I try to open the program, it required a user ID and a password; this is quite different from all prior versions. Does anyone know the appropriate combination or some way to bypass the login screen?

I just installed ResScan today on a Windows 10 machine.  I had to do a few things to make it work.
I have a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite.

1. Download ResScan 6.0
2. After this, I turned off my modem because of 3 and 4.
3. Turned off Windows Defender.  This rejected ResScan 6.0
4 Turned of Windows Firewall (just to be sure there would not be any problems).
5. Clicked on settings (the gear), then accounts.  User name is in bold print. This is what you will use for getting into ResScan 6.0.  Password for ResScan 6.0 will be the same as opening your Windows 10.  If you don't have a password, then this is a good time to make one, this will keep your ResScan 6.0 private.
6. Now you can unzip/install ResScan 6.0 now that the security programs are not interfering.  I turned my modem off since the protection is off. 
7.Install the SD Card driver.
8. With your program open, put the  SD Card from your ResMed machine into your computer's SD slot.  
9. Create a profile for you.  
10. Now you have a profile, you can click the download  menu of the program.  Be sure to click save.  If you exit without out saving you have to reload the data.
11. Take out the SD Card from your computer and put it back into your ResMed.

Here is where these reside in my Windows 10:
Program:  C:\program files (x86)\resmed\ResScan3\ResScan.exe
Driver for reading the SD Care:
C:\program files\Advance Card System Ltd\ACS Unified PCSC Driver 4.0.0.6
Data stored:
C:\users\Public\Public Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Your Lastname, Firstname
Post Reply Post Reply
You don’t need to load any SD card drivers. And you should not windows 10 or your sd card adapter should have the drivers you need. Do not load Resmed drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2018, 12:43 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: You don’t need to load any SD card drivers. And you should not windows 10 or your sd card adapter should have the drivers you need. Do not load Resmed drivers.

Thanks. I went into my Windows 10 Apps section and found the drive update and removed it.  I will try it without, although, I didn't have any problems with the SD Card driver included with ResScan 6.0
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.