Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed A10 AutoSet on DC
ResMed A10 AutoSet on DC
Hi everyone,

I'm a new boy with a question about the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I am considering buying one of these machines for two primary reasons. One that it has auto pressure level compared to the fixed (but also "Sensawake) F&P Icon Premo that I currently use; but more importantly that ResMed offer a 12/24v DC power source which hopefully means I can better use in my caravan when away from AC power sources.Big Grin

The van is pretty well equipped with 3 x 120amp AGM heavy duty batteries & solar panels, so I am hopeful I will be able to use the machine at night with some light humidification.

Has anyone had any experience at doing this?

I tried the F&P machine (110 to 240v AC only), but could only use with an inverter and without humidification, which still drained a lot of power and was too dry for me with nasal pillows at the time. Angry

Appreciate any 12 volt experience that might be out there & hope I have put this in the right place?

Happy days
PJ.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] ResMed A10 AutoSet on DC
(10-25-2014, 09:03 PM)pjfollyfarm Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm a new boy with a question about the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I am considering buying one of these machines for two primary reasons. One that it has auto pressure level compared to the fixed (but also "Sensawake) F&P Icon Premo that I currently use; but more importantly that ResMed offer a 12/24v DC power source which hopefully means I can better use in my caravan when away from AC power sources.Big Grin
. . .

Hi PJ,
I'm a ResMed user myself, and like it very much. But if you're planning to be off-grid for extended times, it might be worth it to consider the equivalent machine in the Philips-Respironics line. The PR machines operate on 12-volts DC, and can be hooked up directly to a 12-volt battery (being Extremely careful with polarity). This saves the power waste of an inverter, etc. and can extend the run-time of your battery charge. Whichever machine you choose, you would need to use the heated humidifier sparingly if at all, as it is power-hungry.

If you currently use humidification, I would try a few nights reducing or eliminating the humidifier, just to see how it will feel. This will tell you quite a bit about how much power you need to plan for.

Good luck and good travelling.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 473 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 682 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.