Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
Thank you for the clarification! This is such a great board!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2021, 07:24 PM)Cpap626 Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 03:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: On the Resmed Vauto, you need EPAP min 6.0 to knock out the OA. Everything else will follow.  If you want to try fixed pressure in bilevel to reduce disruption, either  use S-mode wtih EPAP 6.0, IPAP 10.0 or in Vauto mode EPAP min 6.0, PS 4.0 IPAP max 10.0.

Ok, thanks for the help, usually my 95% is 11cm and under. So if i bump the EPAP up to 6 and keep the ps at 10 it will be the lowest min it will go? If the IPAP is 10 max won't it not go past that? I am trying to use this as an apap with a little more relief on the exhale.

CPAP626, I'm tempted to split your posts out to a separate thread because you are deep into asking personal therapy questions related to your Vauto, in a thread intended for compare Resmed and Philips CPAPs.   The question above has a fundamental misunderstanding of how the settings work.  Can we please split this out and move to a new thread?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on everyones reviews and impute, I thought I was set on the Dreamstation as my main machine, but I now am going to give my AirCurve another chance! They are both great machines! I apologize again for the hijack and I will create a new thread for more specific questions related to my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd opt to ok the split. You've already got some thread data, be a shame to waste it and start over.

Disposable thread if it gets split.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Doctor Wrote: Hello.  Have been using ResMed S9 machine for over ten years.  Doing well with AHI <0.3.  My present S9 is dying, and this model is no longer made.  My sleep doc enjoys the Respironics Dream Station, and has a preference for it over the ResMed AirSense 10... something to do with the humidifier (which I don't use).  Five years ago the AS 10 had some connection issue in or around the humidifier, and I was told by the DME that the guts of the AS10 are identical to the S9....... so I purchased the S9.

Now I'm trying to decide between a new AS10 and the Respironics.  

Anyone here have any info which will help make this decision?

Thanks.

I've been using a dreamstation for the last 4 years and have absolutely loved it. It recently started to make some strange popping
sounds so I set out to get a new machine before mine potentially crashed. I tried 2 new machines and neither was as quiet as my old machine.
Both made a 'whirring' kind of sound while being operated. 

I returned those and purchased a new Resmed Airsense 10 along with another dreamstation. I returned the new dreamstation again within a 15 day trial period for the same 'whirring' noise it made when in use.. 

I used the new Airsense 10 and it gave me pretty good results. My AHI was was below 1, but I didn't feel as fresh as when I used my old dreamstation. I got some advice on this forum about using the 'Soft' setting on the Airsense 10 to improve your results. I've applied the soft setting but haven't used the machine again to test it out.

Turns out my old dreamstation still works fine, and I had been experiencing some 'rain-out' issue in the hose which cleared itself up a few days later.

So, I'm keeping the Airsense 10 as a backup machine and possible travel machine. Nothing has been better than my old dreamstation.
It's been the quietest machine of all including the new ones I tested.

I'm beginning to wonder if Phillips has changed something in their manufacturing process or are using different components in their machines.

So, in conclusion I'll be using my 'Old Dreamstation' till it dies, and hopefully be able to get acustomed to the Airsense (which I think has great potential when I get it completely dialed in).

Hope this helps.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,419 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,297 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.