Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
(03-19-2021, 01:52 PM)Doctor Wrote: Thanks.  What do you mean by "no information in the sleep report" ?

When I push the sleep report button it shows me a smiley face for mask fit and humidifier but doesn't tell me anything about the length or AHI's.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went from an older PR 560 to an Airsense S10 Autoset and much prefer the Resmed machine--much better results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have the Resmed airsense 10 and not the autoset you will not get more than that.  If you have the autoset make sure you have set to essentials plus and not set to on. You need to go in the clinical menu to check.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2021, 03:32 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Unless you have the Resmed airsense 10 and not the autoset you will not get more than that.  If you have the autoset make sure you have set to essentials plus and not set to on. You need to go in the clinical menu to check.

That was it. I turned on essentials plus and now have everything I need. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Very welcome!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the AS10. Thank you. Questions
The DME removed the 4GB card!!!   So for now I'm using the 1GB card from the S9 and the AS10 did not complain.  

Any problems using the 1GB card for now, other than holding less data?

Has anyone here tried reading the printed manual?  Thoughts?

What do all of you think of "MyAir" ?  I haven't needed it over 10 years.  Is it of any value when we know how to use software reading the SD card?  Does ResMed, OSCAR, or SleepyHead show everyone MyAir does and maybe more?

Does MyAir only work with cellular, or can one use their own WiFi network?

The machine is upset that Airplane Mode is off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lot's of questions! Use the 1 GB card, but eventually you will run out of storage space and the machine will over-write the oldest data.
The clinician manual available from the forum is good reading and covers a lot of ground. If you read that, the user-manual is a bit pointless.
MyAir is pointless compliance data. Use Oscar. Only you can see Oscar data, there is not broadcasting unless you share it.
MyAir does not work on WiFi
If you feel you need Airplane mode, it might be better to just disconnect the modem. Here is how: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...em-Removal
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the questions, and a new thread should have been started since it went off topic of machine choice.

1.  When I get the 4GB card, will change to it, with or without transfer.  Does the AS10 work like the S9 in that data is stored i the machine for a year, and will transfer to a new card?   Does one lose rcent detailed reports when changing cards?

2.  I changed essentials to ON instead of PLUS and the screen sleep report doesn't seem more detailed.  Is the added detail on-screen or only when using analysis software?

3.  Don't mind leaving Airplane Mode off if the machine will still be isolated, not report anywhere, just as if Airplane Mode were on.  Is there any objection/problem to leaving Airplane Mode off?

4.  Why didn't ResMed make this unit WiFi capable?

5.  Why can't 64GB - 128GB SD cards be used?  Is there actually a 32GB  card limit with the AS10?

6.  I did not read the printed manual.  The light grey font was supremely annoying, so will use your on-line manual.

Thank you for recommending this AS10.  It felt definitely better than the S9...  quieter and felt easier to breath in and out.  Wish I would have changed sooner. 

like Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

1. The high resolution data is only written to the SD card. The AS10 will hold summary data for the past 30-days.
    Note: SD cards can, and do, go bad.  For this reason most of us here recommend that you maintain a backup copy of your card on your computer.  On the off-chance that your card does go bad, you will have all the historical data backed up.

2. The Essentials setting increases sleep details only on the AS10's screen.  It does not provide any additional detail to SD card.

3. You have to intentionally register your AS10's serial number with the MyAir app for it to know it even exists.  There isn't any problem leaving it in the normal mode.  Physicians and DMEs have to pay to monitor a device.  Since this costs them money, they only monitor as long as they have to in order to collect insurance.

4. You need a physical connection to a memory storage device to insure unfettered data collection.  A Wi-Fi connection doesn't provide this.  Additionally, not everyone has Wi-Fi capability.  This may come in future models though.

5. The addressing space of a storage device is limited by its format.  Likewise, a device has to know how to read the address space of a device.  The FAT32 format limits the size that a device can read or write to 32 GB.  Any SD card above 32 GB is usually formatted to a exFAT format that is more like a 64 bit addressing space as opposed to the 32 bit size of a FAT32 format.  The AS10's firmware is only coded to read a FAT32 format.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  Stupidly I did not change to PLUS last night, so did that now.  Screen and Oscar show AHI = 0.1

Will back up card, usually by imaging on a Mac.

Will turn off Airplane Mode but not use MyAir.

Surprised AS10 only holds 30 days.  The S9 held one year, right?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 676 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,424 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,298 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.