Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: ResMed AS 10 vs. Respironics Dream Station
I was incorrect. The S9 maintains 30 days of detailed data on the SD card. The AS10 doesn't have a limit. Without an SD card, the AS10 will store summary data for up to 365 days.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2021, 01:11 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I was incorrect.  The S9 maintains 30 days of detailed data on the SD card.  The AS10 doesn't have a limit.   Without an SD card, the AS10 will store summary data for up to 365 days.

So the AS10  machine stores NO detailed data?  Any detailed data is only on the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is yes to both. The SD must be in the PAP or you'll lose the detailed data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my opinion, I have used both machines. I am not nearly as qualified as the others who posted but this was my experience. I noticed I liked the Dreamstaton better. It felt more comfortable and when I woke up in the morning I was feeling really good breathing like it was natural. The Resmed is good but I feel it is more aggressive and sometimes I feel the pressure and it wakes me up. The pressure on the resmed seems to be a little higher than the number stated ie 6cm feels like 7.5cm. The resmed actually lowered my AHI from 1.9 to 1.5. So the Resmed looks like it works better but I like the dreamstation because it is more comfortable. I really dont sleep well with the resmed so thats why I use the dreamstation as I would rather have therapy thats a little less effective than nothing at all. I also heard the the AHI is rated a little different in both machines but I dont know if that is true. That is just my 2 cents as an average user who have tried both.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a dreamstation for 5+ years and NEVER got good therapy. My average events were between 15 to 25 every night. With the ResMed they have been under 3 events a night. That is not average that’s total events. The ResMed is so much better it is hard to believe.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you can help me find out what I am doing wrong. Here are screenshots from my PR dreamstation and my Resmed AirCurve. I dont know why they are so close with the amount of events. Any recommendations on what to change? 

Post Reply Post Reply
You may need more but I would mine the min up to 8 leaving everything else where it is. We are trying to cut down the obstructive apnea.

Edit for the resmed
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgive me as i am not trying to hijack the thread. Do you mean to up the Epap from 4? When i start the ramp it seems like the min inhalation  pressure is 8. I did not see an IPAP min like they have on the auto cpap machines. Any help would be insightful. 

Thanks! 

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the image you displayed, the EPAP will start at 4.0 and the IPAP (minimum) will start at 8.0 (IPAP=EPAP+PS). The Max IPAP setting will limit the IPAP to 20.0, making the EPAP equal to 16.0 (remember the PS value).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So if i want to increase the min pressure to lets say 9 do i add one number to the epap ie 5? or take a number away from the ps such as 3?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,414 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,296 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.