Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 11 & SD Card lock?
ResMed AS 11 & SD Card lock?
Hello, 

I am a new member of this forum as of yesterday (so helpful!!) and have been a CPAP user for the past six seeks.  I used an SD card in my ResMed AS 11 for the first time last night and successfully downloaded and looked at my data on OSCAR this morning.  I see noted on OSCAR that you should lock your SD Card with a ResMed AS9 machine.  I am using Windows 10.  As I have a ResMed AS 11, do I need to lock and unlock the SD Card each time I am swapping the card in and out of my PC and AS11? 

Thank you, 
Canuck22
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AS 11 & SD Card lock?
There is no need to lock the SD card in anything other than the S9. You are good without that. Concern
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much!

If I wanted someone to give me some quick feedback on my data from last night, do I simply attach the screen shots here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that is near perfect results! So the only questions are: How did you sleep?
And how did you feel when you woke up?

A little hint to Organizing your chart... Use the F12 Key to take a Screenshot.
There is a link in my signature line to guide you.

We should be able to see the following graphs: Event, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak rate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is set up to display the graphs in order of importance.  Your screenshot is displaying the lesser important graphs, at the bottom.  With that said, based  on your information on the left side, your AHI is low enough that the more significant thing now is how you feel.  Do you feel rested?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post the standard charts (View / Reset Graphics / Standard) for an evaluation. If you have questions about the specific charts you have posted, then please ask them.

Your numbers are better than mine, good job. Because your numbers fall into the excellent category how you feel becomes more important than your numbers, so please critically say how you feel. I feel fine generally means great, all is well, there is nothing further to look at or improve.

Your min pressure does not coincide with your other settings. As a bare min you min pressure setting should be set to EPR+4(the machines min)= 6 to allow EPR to fully work. We typically suggest min pressure of 7 or 8. Without comfort issues 6 is fine for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your reply.  Although I am getting good results, I'm still feeling tired during the day and don't feel I am sleeping well.  I think I am still in the adjustment phase of being new to CPAP therapy, e.g., getting used to having a mask on, the feel of the tube and the sound of the machine... all to be expected and I am sure this will eventually all "normal".    

Thank you for the tip about how to sequence in the screen shots.  I have now added the first of the three screen shots I had attempted to add.

Kind regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not one of the experts, but it looks to me like you should raise your maximum a bit, as you are bumping against it, and raise your EPR to 3 to help lower your flow limits. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone who knows more will step in to correct my suggestions.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limits are driving your pressure up, mostly because your settings are not optimized for managing flow limitations.
Set EPR=3, Fulltime
Set Min Pressure=7

You can set max pressure = 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you folks for your replies!  I'm finding this Board so amazingly helpful - especially being a CPAP newbie.

Gideon:  Being new to OSA and CPAP therapy, I need to educate myself on flow limitations.  I know from looking at this Board's glossary that Flow Limitation is, "partial closure of the upper airway, which impedes the flow of air into the lungs."  So it is starting to make sense to me now that if my flow is impeded that this would "drive up" my need for more CPAP pressure.  What I don't yet understand is how raising my EPR from 2 to 3 will lower my flow limits?  So "lower flow limits" equals less impeding of the air flow into one's lungs?  And raising my Pressure Max from 8 to 10 will give me a bit more pressure benefit?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 291 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10 JoeS01 7 920 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.