Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 11 & SD Card lock?
RE: ResMed AS 11 & SD Card lock?
We are going to talk about BiLevels vs
CPAPs to start.
Dropping all EPR you have a single pressure machine in the CPAP. BiLivels have 2 pressures, an exhale pressure and an inhale pressure. On a BiLevel the base pressure is the exhale pressure, this is what is used to manage OA events. This pressure is increased/titrated up to minimize OA events. This is the same as Pressure in a CPAP.

With OA events now managed, on a BiLevel, we increase the inhale pressure to manage hypopneas and flow limitations. Do note that while a higher exhale pressure can manage hypopneas and flow limitations, a pressure differential is more effective. This pressure differential, the difference between exhale and inhale pressures is called pressure support. It is that simple.

EPR, a comfort feature, makes ResMed CPAPS behave as a BiLevel with the EPR amount of Pressure Support applied. EPR is subtracted from Pressure on a CPAP o it takes a bit of math to match the BiLevel pressures but once there the treatment is nearly identical though limited to the values on 1,2, or 3 come of Pressure Support.

How does it work? Not much is written on that so I go back to physics. Basic pressure, EPAP, applies the main splint open the airway force. Air is moved not by raw pressure, but by differential pressure. The moderate amount of differential pressure applied via either PS or EPR overcomes the smaller resistance indicated by hypopneas or flow limitations.

The above is all fixed pressure, the auto functions respond to detected events or the lack thereof, by moving the EPAP and IPaP up and down as appropriate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, Gideon, I really appreciate your time and expertise in helping me understand BiLivels/CPAP theory and therapy.

I did make the changes you suggested.  
Set EPR=3, Fulltime
Set Min Pressure=7
Set max pressure = 10

The comfort level was good - a bit stronger but certainly manageable.

However, an odd thing occurred.  I was on therapy most of last night (myAir confirms 07:04 usage hours).  However, my OSCAR Session Information only indicates my usage was 02:52 (see below).  After using the washroom during the middle of the night, my AS11 had some message displayed I had not seen before, something about sending data to ResMed with an "Ok" button.  I pressed 'Ok" and then a message appeared, displaying something about by SD card data...maybe being deleted???.  I couldn't make out exactly what it was saying before the message disappeared.  Maybe I shouldn't have pressed "Okay"??  Maybe data was being sent to ResMed because I changed the settings??

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea or software related images to the Apnea Board server. For all images not directly related to apnea or its software, please use an image hosting service.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooops!!  I'm so sorry about that... won't happen again.  I'm still learning about how to use this forum.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to hijack the thread but have something to add.  I have the same machine and when I don't move the lock on the SD card before I put it into the PC I get an error when I first put it back into the AS11.  It takes a little bit and then loads it, but it will initially say there's an SD card error.  I started locking it before I put it into the PC and I don't get the error anymore.  It didn't affect any of the data, but it can give you pause the first time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a AS11 and I don't lock my SD card and no messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be the difference in the computer OS being used to read the card. Unless the option is turned off, Windows will add a System Volume Information file to the drive. Linux and Mac don't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I have re formatted a non ResMed 16gb SD card and I have had no difficulty downloading and extracting data all the while keeping the SD card unlocked - as was suggested to me by Gideon at the beginning of this stream.  Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,203 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 281 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 461 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 296 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 433 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 308 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Replacement SD card for Resmed Airsense 10 JoeS01 7 999 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.