Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS 11 - getting louder
ResMed AS 11 - getting louder
When I got the AS 11 it was super quiet but in the past month I've become more aware of the sound of rushing air in the unit itself, particularly during the natural pauses in my breathing (full exhale, and full inhale).  Any ideas what could be causing this?  Is it normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AS 11 - getting louder
Usually this occurs around the humidifier. Check it for a complete seal of both the halves and where it connects to the CPAP, and engagement in it locking lugs.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AS 11 - getting louder
I had mine make noise twice and found it was the humidifier. So each time I add water and re-insert the chamber, I use the Mask Fit Check with the hose capped to check for leaks. It has caught the leak twice so far. So just pull and re-insert the chamber and it works.

Someone posted their DME provider showed them you have to slam the chamber in. I would never do that and think the Mask Fit Check is a better work-around.

Coffee
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirMini much louder than A10 with same mask and settings? DougM 7 1,855 04-25-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: densoo
  AirSense 11 has now become a LOT louder: defective? Hmm888 1 2,824 07-27-2022, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  A10 Elite Seems Way Louder After 60 Day player 5 3,169 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Last Post: player
  My ICON seems to be louder Tommy012175 4 2,917 06-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Last Post: woozie38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.