Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AS10 and F&P Simplus FF mask compatability (edited)
RE: ResMed AS10 and F&P Simplus FF mask compatability (edited)
(03-12-2018, 04:20 PM)jmancuso Wrote: I think the exhaust rate for the Simplus is greater than the RedMed AS10 expects; therefore, it is regarding that "excessive loss" as a leak. [Image: 1f914.png]

You may be right about that. The simplus does have a high vent rate. More so than other masks. I know the Airfit P10 has a problem with the Airsense reporting leaks at times. So it's possible. Still I don't think the difference would be more than 5ml to 10ml.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are welcome jmancuso. I'm supposing the leak rate in question is not an issue, but I cannot claim expertise in this department. IMO it just displays an unusual leak rate that makes you notice it.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jmancuso,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2018, 04:00 PM)Hy Mezzanine Wrote: So, with respect to those charts, is Exhaust/Exhaust Flow the same as Leak Rate?
If not, what is the formula to calculate the Leak Rate?

Many thanks!

Still curious about this! IIRC SleepyHead charts seem to indicate they are two separate numbers?!

Just trying to understand...
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6118][attachment=6118][attachment=6117]I posted the following information in a new thread about this same topic before I realized this one already existed. It didn't come up in a search but came up later as a possibly related topic. I started using the Simplus FFM on the 17th of this month. Immediately my leakage rate shot up, and it seems to be worst in the early morning hours. I am using it with an AS10 with pressure set at 10-14cmH2O. You can see by the chart I posted for an example that the leak rate seems to be worst in the morning. Is this normal or should I worry about it. I am getting ready to test drive an AirTouch F20 here in a few days but wanted to see if this was the mask or me not having a good seal.
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
Barron1961, can you show that chart with the pressure graph showing? The top of the Pressure graph was hidden under the event area. It may be good to see any co-relation to leaks and pressure.

As for cause: pressure need at that time or positional both seem possibilities IMO. It also seems you almost have the mask at the correct fit, otherwise, leaks would be spread out over most of the time used. Just my opinion of course.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Barron, I suspect my chart would look like that too if my pressure was so low. Notice I have my minimum pressure at 9.0 and maximum at 18 with PS 3 in bilevel. The equivalent settings for you are 12-20 with EPR 3. Just saying, it might take a bit more to resolve the OA. Not sure if the morning aprena may be positional, but if so, consider a soft cervical collar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2018, 08:53 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Barron1961, can you show that chart with the pressure graph showing? The top of the Pressure graph was hidden under the event area. It may be good to see any co-relation to leaks and pressure.

As for cause: pressure need at that time or positional both seem possibilities IMO. It also seems you almost have the mask at the correct fit, otherwise, leaks would be spread out over most of the time used. Just my opinion of course.

Coffee

Hey SarcasticDave94.

Here is the chart showing the pressure at the time of leakage.
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thank you on that. The reason I was asking to see that was to see if leaks were worse at higher pressures, which it's not appearing that way. A positional issue is likely then. A cervical collar as was suggested by Sleeprider should address this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 32 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  Best way to use two ResMed AS10's TommySnores 3 168 02-29-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: TommySnores
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 326 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 44 3,984 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 463 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 474 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,871 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.