Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help interpreting sleep study results - possibly UARS?
Help interpreting sleep study results - possibly UARS?
Hi everyone,

For the past couple of months I've been sleeping and feeling like crap. Back in April 2022, I did a home sleep test with a NightOwl device and the doctor said I have mild sleep apnea but didn't recommend treatment. At the time, I was dealing with constant interrupted sleep and daytime sleepiness.

As the summer progressed however, my symptoms got better and my sleep improved substantially (I was less stressed about school and work and lost 5 lbs). However, around October of last year, my sleep quality once again took a severe nosedive. Within 1 week my sleep went from great to crappy - constant nigh time wakeups, brain fog, blurry vision, difficult concentrating, etc. Around the same time, I started a new job and moved in with my girlfriend for the first time, and was stressed to the ninth degree.

For the past few months, my sleep has remained cruddy. In February 2023 I scheduled an in-lab sleep study and based the results the doctor said I don't have sleep apnea and dismissed UARS. I told him I still feel like crap and he chalked it up to anxiety-induced insomnia, and said keep using my oral appliance.

Do you guys think this is just insomnia or maybe UARS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 93 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 989 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.