Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: resmed
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
ResMed Adapt SV vs. S9 VPAP Adapt
I had a follow-up today after having a second sleep study. My first was originally 6 years ago. I was originally diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea, with no central apneas. However, in my new study, when we engaged cpap, my central apneas replaced the obstructive. So, now she wants to put me on the Resmed VPAP Adapt SV. However, I couldn't find this on ResMed's website and it appears it is no longer made. Is the S9 VPAP Adapt its replacement? Meaning will it do the same thing to treat complex sleep apnea?
11-13-2014 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: ResMed Adapt SV vs. S9 VPAP Adapt
Hi magictrkaz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newest series of Resmed machines are the Airsense 10. Sometimes, the names of the machines are a bit confusing. I think there is an ASV in this series, but I'm not sure exactly what it is called. Here is a link that will help you with this: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy and wandering through the maze of confusing names ot the Resmed machines.

trish6hundred
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014 10:13 PM by trish6hundred.)
11-14-2014 09:40 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed Adapt SV vs. S9 VPAP Adapt
(11-13-2014 03:41 PM)magictrkaz Wrote:  I had a follow-up today after having a second sleep study. My first was originally 6 years ago. I was originally diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea, with no central apneas. However, in my new study, when we engaged cpap, my central apneas replaced the obstructive. So, now she wants to put me on the Resmed VPAP Adapt SV. However, I couldn't find this on ResMed's website and it appears it is no longer made. Is the S9 VPAP Adapt its replacement? Meaning will it do the same thing to treat complex sleep apnea?

The short answer is yes. The Resmed VPAP Adapt SV is in the older S8 form factor. The S9 VPAP Adapt is an "adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV) specifically designed to treat central sleep apnea (CSA) in all its forms, including mixed sleep apnea, complex sleep apnea and periodic breathing such as Cheyne–Stokes respiration (CSR)."

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014 10:18 AM by justMongo.)
11-14-2014 10:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Resmed Adapt ASV question storywizard 7 336 11-21-2016 01:02 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question [Equipment] S9 VPAP AUTO QT2U 0 162 11-05-2016 12:27 AM
Last Post: QT2U
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 392 10-21-2016 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 395 07-18-2016 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looking for some thoughts on VPAP use ckingzzzs 7 919 07-18-2016 06:59 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs
  Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm PaytonA 2 337 07-13-2016 12:40 AM
Last Post: chill
Question [Health] Can a VPAP machine make your lung lazy? emamm 9 4,036 06-07-2016 04:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse