Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset SD Card Error
ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset SD Card Error
I have been using my ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset for about a week now and downloaded ResScan. I changed some settings using ResScan, such as changing it from CPAP to Autosense and the associated settings. I did an apply to save these to the SD card.

Now, when I put the SD Card into the machine, I get the message "Attention Settings not applied, remove SD card and contact care provider" on the display of the CPAP machine.

Any help on how to recover from this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset SD Card Error
Bump2

Welcome to Apnea Board, Larry

I make any changes manually in the clinical menu, have not done so through ResScan

I don't have good answer for you (just a guess) hence the bump Coffee

My guess someone wrote something on the card which cannot be overridden
1- You can use the machine without the card, the machine keeps all the compliance and summary data but no detailed data as detailed data written directly on the SD card

2- Wipe out the data on the SD card or get a new SD card

Whenever you inert a new card, the machine write up to 365 days of compliance and summary data on the card, compliance data is what your DME and insurance are after

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi larry.a.williams,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a Windows PC with an SD card reader put the card from the machine into your reader and copy all the files to a folder on your hard drive. Then reformat the SD card and copy your files back to it. Worth a try, anyway.

If the files copy OK to your hard drive you can possibly buy a new SD card and copy the files to them. The card in the machine uses a standard Windows FAT 32 file system so the utilities to fix errors on the card should work too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 11:41 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: If you have a Windows PC with an SD card reader put the card from the machine into your reader and copy all the files to a folder on your hard drive. Then reformat the SD card and copy your files back to it. Worth a try, anyway.

If the files copy OK to your hard drive you can possibly buy a new SD card and copy the files to them. The card in the machine uses a standard Windows FAT 32 file system so the utilities to fix errors on the card should work too.
Hi eseedhouse,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have had the same issue as Larry, can some one post back if they had success with this issue. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 06:39 AM)Wayno Wrote: Hi, I have had the same issue as Larry, can some one post back if they had success with this issue. Thanks

Well the other day the "write protect/unprotect" tab fell off the SD card that came with my unit. I copied the files to my hard drive then reformatted a spare card I had lying around, giving it the same volume name, then copied the backup files to it. It worked just as well as the old card.

Well, actually the replacement was a "micro SD" in an SD adaptor, and with four gigabytes on it instead of the two on the card that came with the unit.

It works just fine.

If you replace your card make sure you reformat it and give it the SAME volume (RESUMED) name as the one that came with your unit, and place the files in the root directory.

According to the sales rep that sold me the machine, the data is also stored internally and won't be lost. I bet that if you just dropped in a blank SD card the machine would copy the internal data over to it but I didn't try that so I can't be absolutely sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 02:47 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: According to the sales rep that sold me the machine, the data is also stored internally and won't be lost. I bet that if you just dropped in a blank SD card the machine would copy the internal data over to it but I didn't try that so I can't be absolutely sure.

Some of the data is kept internal to the machine, but a lot of it is only kept on the SD card. The "compliance" data (time used) is kept on the machine. I think the daily averages and apnea information is kept on the machine, but the high resolution data like airflow waveforms is only on the SD card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same fortune as you guys, I did some changes on my S10 settings, it savde them successfully, but at the time that I closed the settings windows, I got an error, I don't recall the error, and after that my SD become undetectable by ReScan, or the S10.

On the ReScan setting windows you can erase the SD, and recreate your ACPAP/CPAP selecting the model of your machine and save them in to SD memory (under the SETTINGS folder). But you will have the same problem. The SD memory it will be undetectable.

Fortunately I had a SD memory backup on my PC, and I was able to recover my SD memory (Since this experience I will strongly recommend to do a SD backup). I haven't recreated the same issue, but I think that the followings files are the ones makes the SD memory detectable (Identification.crc, Identification.tgt, and STR.edf).

I got so much help from this forum that I will be glad to help you. Send me your email

Attached Files
.pdf   SD-Card-Files.pdf (Size: 8.83 KB / Downloads: 173)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 10:23 AM)larry.a.williams Wrote: I have been using my ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset for about a week now and downloaded ResScan. I changed some settings using ResScan, such as changing it from CPAP to Autosense and the associated settings. I did an apply to save these to the SD card.

Now, when I put the SD Card into the machine, I get the message "Attention Settings not applied, remove SD card and contact care provider" on the display of the CPAP machine.

Any help on how to recover from this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Hi Larry,

I is possible that the changes via ResScan didn't apply correctly to the card in some way or isn't being recognized by the S10.

You should first try doing a backup of the SD card as it currently is. If you can remember what the changes were then you could try making the same changes - but this time using the S10 (i.e. in clinical adjustment menu) then see if the machine will work properly again.

Alternatively, see if you can use ResScan to put the settings back the way they were & see if the machine suddenly recognizes the card again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 358 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.