Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Whistling on inhalation from Resmed Airsense 10
Whistling on inhalation from Resmed Airsense 10
I've been using the Resmed Airsense 10 for nearly three years with no problems, but about two months ago I started to hear a soft whistling sound on inspiration which is loud enough to be disturbing.  I've seen some of the threads here about noise from this machine, but the descriptions don't match what I hear. I've changed the hose and the sound remains, so I don't know if the machine needs repair or not.

I'd appreciate suggestions on what else to try and names of reputable CPAP repair places, preferably near Chicago.  Resmed's own repair charges seem excessive.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Whistling on inhalation from Resmed Airsense 10
Have you checked all of the seals on the humidifier tank to be sure none are out of place or damaged. Don’t forget the ones inside where the tank sits when iserted inside the machine.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine did this when my humidifier got old.  Pulling humidifier out and reseating it usually solved the problem.  Finally I got a new humidifier and havent had any repeats.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the whistling coming from the machine, and not the mask? (Closer to you, vs further away?) If from the mask, you might see whether the plastic has any gaps or holes. Poke around till the plastic is in a less noisy place.

I don't have much inhale strength (nasal restrictions) so with every new Airsense 10 mask (nasal pillows, P10?) I poke holes in the mask so it more closely approximates the configuration of the older Swift mask. I love the light weight P10 mask, but I want easier air flow. The holes I poke frequently whistle. I poke around at the configuration of the plastic until the noise is acceptable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.