Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Normal Starting Bahavior?
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Normal Starting Bahavior?
Hi! I got a new AirCurve 10 ASV machine and supposedly got the same exact settings as my previous machine that was screaming like a banshee and has to be retired.

I’m wondering if there is either something wrong with my machine or if somehow I have different settings due to how it first starts out when I first turn it on. I start without a ramp up btw.

So at first it starts gently and seems to more or less follow my breathing patterns, but then a few breaths in it starts increasing the pressure more and more and establishes a breathing cadence faster than my natural breath. I feel like I’m fighting it and have to blow back to get it to eventually get it to calm back down and more or less adjust back to my breathing cadence. This happens every time when I’m awake, and I’ve tried it sitting up, laying down, etc—the behavior never changes.

Is this normal? My previous machine never did this. I’ve attached the OSCAR data that shows the typical behavior over the first 10 minutes. Thanks for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Normal Starting Bahavior?
Mike - Welcome

You can take a screenshot by pressing the F12 key (Fn+F12 on a Mac) while in OSCAR. You can then post the PNG image, which will have a better resolution here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Normal Starting Bahavior?
We could also benefit from a standard daily detail OSCAR shot to give us a base to start from. If it's issues from the ASV while you're awake, it's possibly some form of different cadence breath pattern before settling to sleep breath patterns.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,490 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.