Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Burning Smell
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Burning Smell
(06-10-2018, 09:05 PM)Melman Wrote: It's fine to use distilled water but not necessary. The only advantage is that you will avoid any mineral deposits which may build up if you have hard water. Many on the forum use tap water routinely. Mineral deposits from hard water are easily removed by vinegar.

I can back that up. I noticed that the bottom of the water tank on my S9 had a build up of deposit. A three hour soak with a little bit of vinegar and it virtually dissolved. I just had a bit of gunk to wipe off with a paper towel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just FYI I have run mine dry a couple times lately and that's the smell of some nasty glue which connects the alum pan to the plastic.  Not Good I guarantee...  I think my old system one used a rubber gasket between the metal and plastic and you could run it dry for a long time..  This one does not and if you run it dry long enough to get a good gassin before you wake, you will know it for a good half hour....  I would not trade it back but I sure wont let the water get low again...
Post Reply Post Reply
Disagreed and I bet a court of law would to.  We are in fact the CUSTOMER as END USERS....   Just as Resmed, or whoever owns them, is the MANUFACTURER...

@andyabel - Yer tub might be damaged.  I did not think mine was but then a few weeks later I found a black flake or two floating in the water and when I went to clean it I realized it was coming up out of the bottom seam where its glued to the metal..  Mine is still not leaking but...  I don't know that smell was hot glue and it kinda smelled pretty inert overall in my experience sniffin glues..  LOL...  but still...  Im not letting mine get hot again.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are running out of water, you may have a mask leak. It would be worth putting a chart up for that and other opinions, if you like.

it does have an auto, low water level system. You get a funny smell. Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 01:31 AM)ajack Wrote: If you are running out of water, you may have a mask leak. It would be worth putting a chart up for that and other opinions, if you like.

Thanks for the reply... I maintain a pretty good seal on the snout...   I had just tuned it up a bit to 6 or 7 on the humid controls due to I was in a very dry climate for a few months.  I found that once you get the settings up in that range, you better make sure its full before bed, and plan on refilling it if you are sleeping in.   I have not tinkered with any of the data logging yet...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 01:31 AM)ajack Wrote: If you are running out of water, you may have a mask leak. It would be worth putting a chart up for that and other opinions, if you like.

Feeling a bit sorry for you ajack. You’ve seemed to become infected with my SarcasticDave94 humor.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 11:41 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

Feeling a bit sorry for you ajack. You’ve seemed to become infected with my SarcasticDave94 humor.

Coffee

I started out using distilled water. I did that for a couple of months. I'm now using tap water and all is good. Just be sure to empty the water chamber each morning and wipe it dry with some tissue. 

If I see some mineral deposits left over, vinegar takes care of that easily enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep agreed that tap water is fine for use. Contrarian Dave that I am, I will not be cleaning more often, even if it means replacing the tub more often.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 11:56 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep agreed that tap water is fine for use. Contrarian Dave that I am, I will not be cleaning more often, even if it means replacing the tub more often.

I wish all the CPAP equipment was as fast and easy to clean as the water reservoir is.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 11:41 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

Coffee

Yea, I got it....  and ignored it...  The first sentence legit.  The second one for kicks....

It's healthy humor as far as I am concerned, and as long as its not that same old "we are not the DME's righteousness...", then nothing anyone says can strike me out of whack...  but its not really good for newbies and there's a lot of them.  That was the first thing about these boards that got me years back was how there is an in yer face disclaimer by wanna=be's all gettin to pull it out and wave it around....  and how no one wanted to talk about hardware issues honestly...  All just ignorantly on board to help out big pharma to make their $$ easier.....  But it makes them feel special...  Ridiculous... 

SA boards are like the amateur night out online all living in their safe little world to run a muck...   Its a resource and I like to check in from time to time else I would not have ever gandered.  In some ways I regret even re-involving here.  Small Dks usually in power and even wielding half a sword would just get a ban thus further empowering those that suppress...  I'm long past the days of getting angry and coming back under subversive alias's until a forum FOLDS......

While AJACK's sense of humor rolls off my shoulder, it helps no one who is new and simply runs them off leaving them confused....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.