Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto difference from DreamStation BiPap
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto difference from DreamStation BiPap
Hello the Forum.  I have received a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. I have two nights on it now. The first night was terrible,
with an AHI of 27.4.  I did not sleep well at all. The settings were determined by the sleep doctors after a sleep study.
Last night I changed the settings to what I had been using on my Dreamstation (1). At least, as close as I know how. AHI 
now down to 14.3 .  Most of the night looks very good except for a 2 1/2 hour period of high very AHIs, raising the average a lot.

In looking at the daily graphic, I noticed that the inhale/exhale pressure differential pressure STAYS CONSTANCE !  The 
DreamStation (1) has a minimum and maximum limit, and the graphs show it varies thru the night. WOW.

(1) Is my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto actually a BiPap?

(2) Does it allow the hi/lo pressure difference to auto adjust thru the night ?

I notice several settings in the ResMed I do not understand, some called triggers. I did not
change anything I did not understand. 

(3) Where can I find the manual, technical manual, to learn what these do ?

Thanks for any assistance. Stan.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto difference from DreamStation BiPap
To obtain a manual, go to this link and follow the instructions.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is a bilevel positive pressure respiratory assist device, and in my opinion, the best in its class.
With proper settings the pressure will self-adjust through the night.
I can help you understand trigger and cycle settings as well as time of inspiration TiMin, TiMax settings.
The manual is available from the Setup Manuals link at the top of every Apnea Board page. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
Here is a link to the Resmed Sleep Lab Titration Guide which further describes the settings and capabilities of the VPAP S and Vauto.

Your profile shows you use Sleepyhead. Update to Oscar and post a Daily Detail chart so we can help more. Update your profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The vAuto is a bilevel machine that uses a fixed PS and variable EPAP, based obstructive events (mostly). The IPAP is always PS above the current EPAP.

I think Trigger and Cycle are poorly explained in the manual. Basically, trigger controls the point at which the machine switches to IPAP at the end of an exhalation. This can be used to induce a breath that might otherwise become a CA. Likewise, cycle controls the point at which the machine switches to EPAP at the end of inhalation. I haven't seen any definitive uses for changing cycle as yet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have gone to myprofile to update:

I can see various fields, but I can not update them.

I also see no control / button to allow editing.

I got there by clicking on my forum name, upper right corner.

What am I missing ?

CPAP | Sleep Apnea  /  Profile of BrassCat

CPAP | Sleep Apnea  /  Profile of BrassCat
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Updated
Try to post screenshots tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 852 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.