Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial
RE: ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial
I went that route for quite a while.

I fired my family doc/quack. I stopped taking all prescriptions for years.
My sleep-doc-from-h*ll retired; made an appointment for me that I never attended. The guy that replaced him was fired by the hospital. [sleep doc was at Credit Valley Hospital. He had 3,000 patients. His prescription was written to the DME supplier 1/2 owned by Credit Valley Hospital. cost of Respironics cpap BRICK was higher than the cost of the most advanced device in the US at the time...Crooked.]

I drive for work. I got to thinking if I had no Dr's care I'd have no car insurance if something terrible happened.

I found an excellent family doc. And I went back on prescription medicine. Well blood pressure medicine.

I'm back using the N20 mask. Works well on me. Time for a replacement.

Thanks Brent.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I abandoned the mask because I could not solve the problem Dave mentioned/
Post Reply Post Reply
It just came to my door today and it looks really great! I tried it on without plugging it in. I like the more solid feel of the headgear. I'll see tonight.

I napped for thirty minutes with the Vitera, leaving the upper straps loose as recommended. That seemed to help with leaks, but of course I'll need a full night. But I was reminded how much I like my nasal pillows! It's just. they require mouth tape. Not that big of a deal.

I'm amused by their sizing. The mask comes with small, medium small and medium sizes. That way, no has a large nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2021, 04:06 PM)plakky Wrote: If the headgear isn't working for you, the Dreamwear with arms headgear fits the N30i mask and sits lower.  I use it with the stretchy self-adhering foam athetic tape (can't think of the real name someone used in another thread!) wrapped around the back part and it stays in place fine.

Also, I'm curious if the discounted mask kits are the "old" stock they still have on hand with the original cushions that are partially hard plastic.  I find the newer all-silicone masks to be more comfortable.

Thanks Plakky!

I came here hoping to find that information. You've saved my day!

(Last night was successful.  I wore my old ResMed N20 mask. I used my Knightsbridge Dual Strap to keep my jaw closed.)

Plus:  My night was good. I felt rested! First night in weeks!  N20/Knightsbridge Dual Strap!

Minus: I decided to give the ResMed trial mask another try but with a different width nose piece.  I set my machine to Nasal Pillows.  I put on the ResMed N30i.  Reached for the Knightsbridge Duals Strap.  You're right--can't use the KDS with the nasal pillows mask because the hose comes off the top of the headgear!  Took off the N30i and set it aside.  Went into Clinician Mode. reset the machine to nasal mask. Put on the Knightsbridge Dual Strap.  Turned the machine on manually and slept well.
Minus:  Not so smart Garmin Vivoactive HR3 watch realized I was sleeping at 2:22.  Not 9:30. C'est la vie.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I used the N30i mask last night. Wow! It was the most comfortable mask ever--and it worked very well. Few leaks. Excellent ahi. No issue for me with air noise running past me ears. It's only one night, so time will tell.

My only possible concern so far is that the nasal cushion (so comfortable!!!) will end up not aligning well with my nostrils. As such, I'm already wondering if this exact mask, but with nasal prongs like the p10 might not end up working better for me. Altho it would be less comfortable. (maybe I just can't believe something so comfortable can work!) But a quick search didn't turn up an option like that. Anyone know if REsmed makes this with a p10 style nasal prongs rather than a cradle (if I have that terminology right)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 02:50 PM)hegel Wrote: I used the N30i mask last night. Wow! It was the most comfortable mask ever--and it worked very well. Few leaks. Excellent ahi. No issue for me with air noise running past me ears. It's only one night, so time will tell.

My only possible concern so far is that the nasal cushion (so comfortable!!!) will end up not aligning well with my nostrils. As such, I'm already wondering if this exact mask, but with nasal prongs like the p10 might not end up working better for me. Altho it would be less comfortable. (maybe I just can't believe something so comfortable can work!) But a quick search didn't turn up an option like that. Anyone know if REsmed makes this with a p10 style nasal prongs rather than a cradle (if I have that terminology right)?

The Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillow is what you are describing.  You only need to buy the cushion - the N30i and P30i cushions are interchangeable with your frame.  Amazon sells the P30i cushions for between $12 - $16 or so.  Worth trying!
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Plakky; I ordered one. Amazon only had this in a medium so I had to pay 30.00 from supplier number one. Worth it for sure. I'm on a search for the perfect mask (ha!) and this may be it!!! Meanwhile my drawer is now stuffed with a variety of styles for the future. I seem to need to swap out every once in a while. I sure want to stop spending now.
Post Reply Post Reply
hegel - In my experience the N30i stayed in place really well because of the "V" shape, but people swear by all the "prong" pillow masks.  I'd be curious to hear how you like the P30i; I've avoided it because I assume something going into the nostrils would bother me.  (And actually I've switched back the past few nights to the Dreamwear nasal cushion that was stuffed in MY overflow drawer; glad I'm not alone!  Rolleyes )
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot one negative to the N30i: I wear a headlamp to read myself to sleep (no snickering!). Can't do that with this mask. (I know reading in bed isn't good sleep hygiene, but it's only about ten minutes and an ancient habit.)
Post Reply Post Reply
hegel - I'm honestly not trying to take over your thread, but I don't think I could go to sleep without reading first, so I feel compelled to reply.  If you can't find a more minimal headlamp (I assume you don't want to clamp down on your mask's air tubes), have you tried a clip-on book light?  I used them for years until becoming a 100% Kindle convert.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 421 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,159 42 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.