Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial
RE: ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial
cathyf I've returned the borrowed mask to the DME supplier. I don't have the N30i to try both settings.

I'm back using my N20 mask and the Knightsbridge dual band. Yesterday I woke up and the KDB was off! I have no idea what happened. I had a good night's sleep that night.

I have one good tech at the DME supplier. However, I'm not allowed in the door due to C-19. So we talk outside, she hands me a trial mask and a I leave...and same thing happens when I return. She has accessed my apap wirelessly and commented on my results. (Here in Ontario Canada apap s aren't prescribed to someone with my symptoms. So I bought the "for her" S10 which somehow is registered as a cpap here. One of the wonderful mentors here tole me how to do that....)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have my N20i mask set to "pillow". But I'm looking for someone who actually knows which is correct to answer Cathy's question too!
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the Resmed website, which has an Airfit N30i User Guide, the setting for both the N30i and P30i is "pillows".

AirFit N30i     AirFit P30i 
Mask setting options: For AirSense, AirCurve or S9:        Pillows           Pillows

I can't figure out how to include an image, but here's a link to the User Guide:

https://document.resmed.com/documents/products/mask/airfit-n30i-p30i/user-guide/airfit-n30i-p30i_user-guide_amer_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Plakky! and oops, I meant N30i and in my last post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2021, 03:22 PM)DaveL Wrote: 2nd night....worse grades yet.

I woke a number of times. I found that the strap behind my head was slipping.  

Is there a fix for this?

If there's no fix this mask doesn't work for me

I’ve read that some people use hair clips to fasten the strap to their hair.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask Success!!

Yesterday I received my Airfit N30i "starter pack" with three of the new all-silicone cushions and quiet diffusers.  I think I may have finally found "my" mask!  (Fingers crossed)  I was fine with the older version of the N30i but eventually felt the "V" shaped Medium cushion was too narrow and unforgiving and impeding my air intake, and had to adjust it during the night, so went back to the Dreamwear nasal cradle which isn't perfect but still very good in my experience and will always be in my arsenal.

What made the all the difference with the new N30i last night was not only the softer silicone cushion without the hard plastic, but also that I used the "small-wide" size.  Rather than the extreme "V" shape, it is less curved but still fits against the area under my nose without any gap.  The fit felt very natural, very soft and comfortable, and allowed plenty of air to come through the nasal holes.  I never even looked at the clock to see how much longer I "had" to wear my mask... Bigwink

There are so many mask variables out there it seems overwhelming and impossible (not to mention expensive) to find the right one to fit.  Don't give up though - keep trying!

(One more thing: I washed the new cushion before using it and used the cool setting on my hairdryer to completely dry the diffuser, since it has a fibrous filter-type sheet in it.  When still damp, it felt like the diffuser material prevented a free flow of air and also might have made a sound.  Once completely dry it was fine.)
Post Reply Post Reply
The diffuser is a just a small plastic oval that easily pops in/out of the soft nose cradle while cleaning it.  I'm going to rob them from the other cradles that came with my starter pack. They all appear to be the same size.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only on my 4th night but here's what I found. I'm a big guy so in the past all my mask straps have been at the limit of looseness, so I started out on the looser end. First couple of nights it was just way too loose in the back so the frame (air channel) was moving all over the top of my head and pulling my short, thin hair. Last night I pulled the strap tighter, so that the end of the strap extended past the circular patch 3/8" to 1/2". Last night I slept for 6 hours straight only waking for a restroom break. The mask was not moving around. I suggest you wear the mask and while standing at the mirror, adjust the strap tightness so the frame is as close to vertical as you can get. Try to pull the frame forward against the strap. Mine was adjusted properly when the frame was vertical while being pulled slightly.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the N30i cushion diffuser theme:

Embarrassing confession but maybe it will be helpful for someone else:

I found out on Day Two after carefully washing and drying my new cushion again - taking the diffuser out and washing it separately - that it is possible to re-insert the diffuser upside down.  It seemed to snap back in just fine, but while trying some new settings with the mask on, there was a new air/whistling sound. All looked normal, until I happened to look over at one of the other sized cushions I had't used and saw the difference. 
Hint:  the side with the holes in the plastic go on the INSIDE of the cushion.   Oh-jeez

(And thanks for the reminder - I'm saving those other diffusers - it would be pretty easy to lose one.)

Thanks for the strap tip, too. I use the Dreamwear strap with arms and that seems to be working fine, but you never know what the future holds...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2021, 09:28 AM)Shazbat Wrote: I’ve read that some people use hair clips to fasten the strap to their hair.

Thanks for responding...I shall keep that in mind.

I've returned the mask I borrowed from my DME supplier.  I've stopped using my cushion under my chin for now. I'm back using the Knightsbridge Dual Band chinstrap. I've been putting my N20 mask on first, then the KDB cap on over top....so I can't use a mask that connects at the top of my head.

If I use an N30i I would have to tape my mouth shut.

Shazbat thank you so much! And welcome to the forum.  You made a difference for me with your suggestion.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,978 1 hour ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 343 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.