Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F30 mask
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask
(02-27-2019, 09:56 PM)nadprok Wrote: I have been using the ResMed Airfit F30 mask for 2 months now . I previously used the Amara View with very good results .
 Since the Airfir F30 was similar to the Amara View I decided to try it . I really like the F30 . I am a side sleeper and it works well for me .
The one thing I don't understand is why my AHI has been cut in half with the F30 . With the Amara View I had an average AHI of 1.2 but with the F30 My AHI has averaged 0.5 for the last 2 months .  I think I will stick with the F30 .

That's interesting to know that your AHI's dropped using the F30 mask. My F20 mask AHI's range from a high of 4.4 (first night of use) to a low of 0.3

They have remained on the lower side. The 4.4 AHI was a 1 time event. Nice to think that mine might drop as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2019, 09:56 PM)nadprok Wrote: The one thing I don't understand is why my AHI has been cut in half with the F30 . With the Amara View I had an average AHI of 1.2 but with the F30 My AHI has averaged 0.5 for the last 2 months .  I think I will stick with the F30 .

I just started using this a few days ago, and same thing happened to me. I’ve been using the P10s for about 18 months and was seeing an AHI of around 3 as my average. Every night I’ve used this, it’s been below 1.

I switched because I mouth breath, and the chin strap just wasn’t cutting it. I like the F30, but am having some leak issues. I am perma-bearded, so that’s probably contributing. I was hoping to try a padacheek to compensate for the facial hair, but they don’t make one for F30 as this point, though I’m considering buying one for a different model and trying to modify (the padacheek for the Dreamwear FF and Hybrid/Liberty both look pretty close and maybe could be modified).

I saw a thread over at that other board that Karen at padacheek was looking into a design for the F30, but that was over two months ago and still nothing available.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an appt. with my sleep doc today. I told him that I had ordered an F30 AirFit mask. He said that he hadn't had any experience with them as of yet, as they are still relatively new. He did say that he has heard good things about them. 

He wants me to let him know what I think of them once I've had some time to try it out. 

He looked over my "numbers" and said I was doing as well as possible.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the F30. I get a better seal with it than the Amara View, and I believe it's due to stronger silicone.

The headgear is the tiniest bit more comfortable than the F20 headgear. But I wish it could be more like the Amara View headgear, and not pull so stiffly and tightly at the base of my skull.

I don't like that it has to be cranked onto my face enough that my face feels the hard frame on the sides.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently  tried the F30 and really liked the way it felt.  However, there was one little problem.  I have an ASV machine and as a result, it generates higher pressures when it intervenes to force me to inhale.  Unlike my old F20 mask, the F30 tends to be more prone to leakage from the higher pressures.  After trying it for several weeks, i had to revert back to my old F20 mask.  I simply had too much leakage using the F30 mask.  The only was to stem the leakage was to crank it so tight that it really hurt my nose.  That was very uncomfortable.  This mask may well be more usable by to those who are not using ASV type machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2019, 08:34 AM)jerrydaw Wrote: After trying it for several weeks, i had to revert back to my old F20 mask.  I simply had too much leakage using the F30 mask.  The only was to stem the leakage was to crank it so tight that it really hurt my nose.  That was very uncomfortable.  This mask may well be more usable by to those who are not using ASV type machines.

I've concluded the same thing.  I prefer the F20 (memory foam) since it stays sealed.  The F30 leaks at my nose area, unless a crank it very tight against my nose... which is not comfortable, and just feels so weird.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,014 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,559 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,127 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.