Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F30i - starts to leak after 15 min....
ResMed AirFit F30i - starts to leak after 15 min....
Fourth mask I’m trying and the first semi full mask.  I actually felt really good with it but two things happening.  

1.  After about 15 minutes (ramp set to 5), it starts to leak out around my nose and mouth.  No matter how tight I crank it down it won’t hold a seal.  I don’t have facial hair or anything. It seems to just fill up and then it won’t stay pressed around my face.  I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  The frame is the right size as is the mask.

2. The mask also blows my mouth open. When I relax it seems to have enough pressure to open my mouth.

The max pressure is a normal range.  Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30i - starts to leak after 15 min....
I have a couple things to try. First it sounds like you may be righting it to much. The silicon has to be able to flex to keep the seal. 

Next try washing the oils from your face just before going to bed. 

#2 you listed I don’t understand, I use your mask and the pressure is the same on your mouth as the pressure of the air going into your nose. But if it is a real problem for you, you can use tape to keep your mouth closed. Many do that with nasal masks - I have not heard a it used with full face masks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30i - starts to leak after 15 min....
A mask motto I've used is tight ain't right. Either the mask cushion size isn't right for you, that mask model isn't right, or something like that. With full face masks, the major reason to choose them is that you're not able to keep a mouth seal when using pillows or nasal style. Now if it's a question of comfort, then we circle back to some component isn't correct for your needs. Indication of I can't make it tight enough type of stuff tells us you need a change.

My point is there's at least 1 aspect of your mask that's not correct for you specifically. Go over fitting and adjusting if it's a disturbance. And show an OSCAR on it to see how bad it's affecting therapy according to data.

The cushion or the headgear could be wrong sized, or that mask hybrid style could be it. Adjustment method maybe guilty as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,062 43 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 30 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 151 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.