Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit P10 comment...
ResMed AirFit P10 comment...
I honestly didn't know where to put my comment on the forum, so moderators if I put this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Every now and again, we seem to have someone who comments on the AirFit P10 not fitting comfortably in regard to size. My DME accidentally sent me a AirFitP10 for Him so I have one of those on hand as an extra. I also have the same mask in the 'for Her' variety. This morning I hand washed both of the bands, and I was quite surprised that they are not the same size in regard to length. I thought they were the same and only the color was different. The for Him version is one full inch longer than the for Her version. Just thought I would pass this on for whatever it is worth - which is probably not so much. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit P10 comment...
Huh, thanks for this info, GrammaBear. Wish I had known that before I bought my P10. It was tight enough the first week but stretched out and loosened up dramatically after that to where I had to put safety pins in to take up a full inch of slack in the headgear straps in order to prevent the nasal pillows from simply falling out of my nose-holes.

Perhaps if I had bought the "for her" version, it would fit perfect now without the safety pins. But as I stated in my review, I still wish the headgear was more substantial and wider and had some way to properly adjust the straps.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks GrammaBear,
I was thinking of buying the "for him" P10, just to have a different color strap, but now thanks to you, I won't do that. The "for her" fits well when new, but does stretch after awhile.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear, are the actual nasal pillows part the exact same for both the "him" and "her" versions?

So only the headgear is different?

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 01:31 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Huh, thanks for this info, GrammaBear. Wish I had known that before I bought my P10. It was tight enough the first week but stretched out and loosened up dramatically after that to where I had to put safety pins in to take up a full inch of slack in the headgear straps in order to prevent the nasal pillows from simply falling out of my nose-holes.

Perhaps if I had bought the "for her" version, it would fit perfect now without the safety pins. But as I stated in my review, I still wish the headgear was more substantial and wider and had some way to properly adjust the straps.

Thinking-about

Maybe you are already aware of this, but I think Supplier #1 you can buy the individual mask parts - I know I have shopped there in the past. If you bought a for Her mask strap and used your present plastic arm thingie - it might fit you just fine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 01:41 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: GrammaBear, are the actual nasal pillows part the exact same for both the "him" and "her" versions?

So only the headgear is different?

I only measured the strap part, sorry, never thought if the actual pillow might be different. I find it odd that somewhere on ResMed web page they don't state the actual length. It would be helpful to anyone looking for a snug fit. I agree with you on the strap becoming 'sloppy' after a period of time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 01:39 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Thanks GrammaBear,
I was thinking of buying the "for him" P10, just to have a different color strap, but now thanks to you, I won't do that. The "for her" fits well when new, but does stretch after awhile.

I've found the same thing that after time, the strap becomes loose and I wish it wasn't. I wonder why they don't market them with different size straps just like they do for the different size pillows. I think their mentality is "one size fits all" and we all know it does not.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I sent a query to Resmed on that and they said that the straps are the same size! I thought that my dads looked bigger than mine, but someone had said they are the same --- so I asked Smile

The pillows that come with for her are xs, s, m - and the for him are s, m, l. the crossover sizes s and m are the same no matter which color strap you buy.

Quote:Hello Daria,

Thank you for contacting ResMed.

The headgear would be the same size, the difference would be with the pillows that would come with the mask.

For additional information about ResMed products, please visit http://www.ResMed.com or http://www.WakeUptoSleep.com.

Regards,

Customer Service

ResMed

Case Number: 00576675

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2015, 01:58 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Interesting. I sent a query to Resmed on that and they said that the straps are the same size! I thought that my dads looked bigger than mine, but someone had said they are the same --- so I asked Smile

The pillows that come with for her are xs, s, m - and the for him are s, m, l. the crossover sizes s and m are the same no matter which color strap you buy.

Quote:Hello Daria,

Thank you for contacting ResMed.

The headgear would be the same size, the difference would be with the pillows that would come with the mask.

For additional information about ResMed products, please visit http://www.ResMed.com or http://www.WakeUptoSleep.com.

Regards,

Customer Service

ResMed

Case Number: 00576675

Maybe ResMed needs to check up on their 'quality control' department at the place where these masks are made. I took both masks apart this morning to wash them. I figured as long as they were apart, that I would measure both versions when they were clean and dried off. Maybe my tape measure is way off, but the blue strap measured 1 inch longer than the pink one. I think if you measured your strap and then measured your Dad's strap - you might discover the same thing I did, then again - maybe not. Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be either.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you wash the strap/soak in warm water, it should snap back to nearly original fit.

I guess it may be true that the average size of head is larger for men (I've been told mine is too big at times) but a full inch seems radical. The one problem with the P10 is they have not found a way to make a one-size strap fit all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,325 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.