Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit P10 questions
RE: ResMed AirFit P10 questions
can you elaborate with it not being compatible with the adapt? I've been using the P10 with my adapt for months.

(11-12-2014, 07:02 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I was thinking of trying the P10 but I see it isn't compatible with the VPAP Adapt. Can anybody tell me why this is so and if there are similar masks which are compatible?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 08:13 AM)vig1116 Wrote: can you elaborate with it not being compatible with the adapt? I've been using the P10 with my adapt for months.

From the P10 user guide: "This mask is not compatible for use with ResMed AutoSet CS™ 2 and VPAP™ Adapt SV devices"

I see it actually specifies the Adapt SV which (I think) is an older S8 type. But Resmed's site is such a mess and their naming conventions are so all over the place that I can't be sure.

Which model Adapt are you using? No problem with the P10?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the S9 adapt. No problems that i can see... I think everything's going well. lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I would bet it has to do with the diffuser and the way it judges breathes.

Herb, you ought to contact ResMed and ask them for clarification.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 06:59 PM)vig1116 Wrote: I have the S9 adapt. No problems that i can see... I think everything's going well. lol

Thanks Vig. Your pressures are similar to mine so it's good to know it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 07:51 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I would bet it has to do with the diffuser and the way it judges breathes.

Herb, you ought to contact ResMed and ask them for clarification.

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that. By the way I'm Paul - Herb is somebody else. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I meant Herb. He's the one who thinks the P10 is like the mask from G-d herself. He should be the one to call and ask. Smile Laugh-a-lotBigwink
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 09:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No, I meant Herb. He's the one who thinks the P10 is like the mask from G-d herself. He should be the one to call and ask. Smile Laugh-a-lotBigwink

Ahh. No need - I've sent them an email. Hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, fine, take all my fun away.

Please let us know what they say.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2014, 08:49 AM)sgearhart Wrote: I'm into the 6th day of using a P10 and my AHI has dropped from 8.62 to an average of 2.8. In switching from a full mask to nasal pillows setting on the S9 I found a slight anomaly. My unit was suppose to be a CPAP and set at a constant 10 cmH2O but was set as an APAP with pressures set at 5 to 10. With the full mask setting, the unit stayed at 10 all the time and nobody noticed this setup. It didn't invoke the variable setting until I went to the nasal pillows and set it accordingly. I also noticed that the S9 has an autostart feature that only works with nasal devices. I haven't tried it but I'm curious. Has anybody tried it?

sgearhart

I use the Autostart function with both the P10 & N10 mask. The feature works like a carm, and turns the device on as soon as you take a breath or two. (Device needs to be in standby mode of course) The feature also automaticaly turns the device off, after a few seconds, once you remove the mask.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,250 6 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,311 11 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,604 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.